And just like that, GSP's hype for the Bisping win is gone

You throw around the word context as a means of avoiding factual information you don't like. Luke was the legit MW champ. He did not win that belt by beating up cans, he earned the shot and beat up the legit MW champ in Weidman. Luke was the clear best MW on earth. Bisping beat his ass.. Sorry you don't like it.. Context and all..

LOL RIP.. +1 for the GSP AV.

You asked me if I thought GSP ducked Anderson and if Anderson ducked Jones.

I don't know how many times I have to give you the same answer
No I said you can't say GSP ducked Anderson if Anderson didn't Duck Jones. Your answer and "Reasoning" are based on either Wanting to bash GSP, Glorify Anderson or a combination of the two. You can have it both ways unless you admit you are a Biased, irrational Nuthugger/Hater

Put aside the fact he returned from a 4 year absence and an injury that ends many careers.
Put aside the fact that he fought on the biggest stage of all (NYC MSG) in the main event in a 5 round title fight against the champ at a higher weight class he had never previously competed at.
Put aside the fact that he won the fight and finished in convincing and brilliant fashion.

Now consider that GSP was hit with an illegal elbow to the back of the head when he took Bisping down at 4:50 of the first round. He has spoken at length about how that strike pretty much fucked him up for the rest of the fight to the point he was partially paralyzed. Those who find his performance that night anything short of incredible are just, well, massive failures in life.

Show me a successful individual who mocks, criticizes, or minimizes another's achievements, especially ones of historical significance. Never met one, never will because they simply don't exist.

No I said you can't say GSP ducked Anderson if Anderson didn't Duck Jones. Your answer and "Reasoning" are based on either Wanting to bash GSP, Glorify Anderson or a combination of the two. You can have it both ways unless you admit you are a Biased, irrational Nuthugger/Hater

Please show me where a fight was offered to Anderson Silva to fight Jon Jones and he declined it

There was an offer for GSP to fight Anderson, He declined

Also, Anderson took a fight against Cormier, LHW champion, on less than 2 days notice. It took GSP 3 1/2 years to accept a fight against the champion in a higher weight class.

GSP wants nothing to do with Anderson Silva. It's one of the more blatantly obvious things in MMA.

Guess we'll see if GSP hype is gone next ppv he does. I'm guessing the opposite.

Please show me where a fight was offered to Anderson Silva to fight Jon Jones and he declined it

There was an offer for GSP to fight Anderson, He declined

Also, Anderson took a fight against Cormier, LHW champion, on less than 2 days notice. It took GSP 3 1/2 years to accept a fight against the champion in a higher weight class.

GSP wants nothing to do with Anderson Silva. It's one of the more blatantly obvious things in MMA.

Again with more of your FACTS that aren't facts. Read this if you want to know the reality rather than your GSP bashing/Anderson Nuthugging delusion.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...vs-jon-jones-the-complete-historical-timeline

Here is one particularly interesting excerp:
April 2011: Superfight Rumblings

Shortly after Jones' historic title win, former Sports Illustrated reporter Steven Marrocco asked Silva for his thoughts on facing the new light heavyweight champion:
"(In) the UFC, a lot of fights [are] possible to fight," Silva said. "I'm maintaining my focus for my category."

This was typical Silva, who consistently gave the vaguest possible answer when asked for his thoughts on facing St-Pierre or Jones. But perhaps nuances were being lost in translation. When asked about the potential of a Jones fight by Brazilian outlet Esportes, Silva was far more direct:

"No chance. He's in a different weight class, we are friends and we won't fight each other."

Here are some facts
1. GSP declined to fight Anderson: True
2. Anderson declined to fight Jones: True
3. In both cases the lighter fighter declined to fight the larger man. In the case of GSP vs Silva Anderson lobbied for it as the larger man. In the case of Jones vs Anderson Jones as the Larger Man did not lobby for it since that is cowardly. Anderson as the smaller man lobbied against it vehemently. : True
4. One of the fighters involved in a potential GSP vs Silva acted like a COWARD: True
5. GSP was not the one who was the COWARD: True

Stop spinning what you want to be true and deal with FACTS

Again with more of your FACTS that aren't facts. Read this if you want to know the reality rather than your GSP bashing/Anderson Nuthugging delusion.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...vs-jon-jones-the-complete-historical-timeline

Here is one particularly interesting excerp:
April 2011: Superfight Rumblings

Shortly after Jones' historic title win, former Sports Illustrated reporter Steven Marrocco asked Silva for his thoughts on facing the new light heavyweight champion:
"(In) the UFC, a lot of fights [are] possible to fight," Silva said. "I'm maintaining my focus for my category."

This was typical Silva, who consistently gave the vaguest possible answer when asked for his thoughts on facing St-Pierre or Jones. But perhaps nuances were being lost in translation. When asked about the potential of a Jones fight by Brazilian outlet Esportes, Silva was far more direct:

"No chance. He's in a different weight class, we are friends and we won't fight each other."

Here are some facts
1. GSP declined to fight Anderson: True
2. Anderson declined to fight Jones: True
3. In both cases the lighter fighter declined to fight the larger man. In the case of GSP vs Silva Anderson lobbied for it as the larger man. In the case of Jones vs Anderson Jones as the Larger Man did not lobby for it since that is cowardly. Anderson as the smaller man lobbied against it vehemently. : True
4. One of the fighters involved in a potential GSP vs Silva acted like a COWARD: True
5. GSP was not the one who was the COWARD: True

Stop spinning what you want to be true and deal with FACTS

"Stop spinning what you want to be true and deal with FACTS"... states opinions with his #4 and #5

Cool story, but where's the Anderson vs Jones fight contact offer? Until you have that proof, nobody ducked anyone.

Here are some facts though...

GSP admitted to getting a fight offer to fight Anderson and he declined.

Anderson Silva moved up to fight the LHW champion on less than 2 days notice all while having gall bladder surgery 2 months before the fight.

Until his last fight, GSP has competed in 1 weight class. Why was moving up prior to that an issue?

Anderson Silva has competed in and beat a top 5 in 3 different weight classes.

Very good thread TS.

People bought into this fallacy that GSP's return against Bisping was a legitimate competitive title fight.

Thank you Kelvin for exposing the farce.

Back