Rewatch Anderson Silva vs Tony Fryklund

Anderson was another breed in his day. So creative with his attacks.

Upwards elbow KO, front kick KO, flying knee KO, upkick KO, jab KO, mauy Thai knees KO etc.

The best to ever do it.

Last edited:
Anderson looking skinny as hell here.

Poor Fryklund…

I feel like everyone had a highlight moment against him…

tonyfryklund.jpg

I remember reading an interview where he was saying he was watching Ong Bak and wanted to try that particular elbow in a fight and his coaches just laughed because they thought there was no way it would work in actual live combat. Too bad Anderson doesn't get too caught up in what's "realistic" lmao.

Is there an earlier documented calf kick than this one done by Fryklund on Silva at 1:58 in the video? Silva looked shook and bum rushed him.
Good eye! I can’t think of one earlier than that, but maybe someone else can. I recall seeing Fedor throw something like an oblique kick at Nog in their 3rd fight and wondering if that was the earliest one of those thrown.

One of my favorite Anderson finishes. That elbow was nasty.

Silva said he'd win via elbow before the fight too

No one has ever been as versatile. Even the elite strikers today are 2nd to Silva

I remember reading an interview where he was saying he was watching Ong Bak and wanted to try that particular elbow in a fight and his coaches just laughed because they thought there was no way it would work in actual live combat. Too bad Anderson doesn't get too caught up in what's "realistic" lmao.

Yeah. He coach told him that it was a useless technique. So Anderson was like "oh yeah?"

And he went home and practiced the hell out of that elbow. Making his poor wife holding a pillow as a pad.

Didn't machida beat Anderson in sparring a few times? The two goat strikers.

Back