Anderson Silva's team confirmed he was injured before the fight, knee popped in fight camp.

Shouldn’t have fought.

His old ass is stupid

i mean he was gonna lose anyway, he wasn't doing anything.

cannonier kicked that leg hard as FUCK in the perfect spot.

Welp. Probably a dumb idea to fight then. Still can't believe they had Silva as a comain in 2019. Whoever bought this card, thanks for showing the ufc there is no fight night level card some chump won't pay for.

So he just wanted the paycheck? Seems like defrauding the fans.

Was Nog on Silva's team and did he, perhaps, lend Silva a big book?

Again, what exactly is the purpose of the mandatory medicals that fighters are forced to pay for? What do they even check?

Again, what exactly is the purpose of the mandatory medicals that fighters are forced to pay for? What do they even check?

All bets off in Brazil.

latest

All bets off in Brazil.

It's the same everywhere. All the time we hear about fighters like Derrick Lewis most recently for example, say they have had these bad injuries for years. I would really love to know what exactly these pre-fight mandatory medical check-ups involve. An unethical doctor that receives sinecure from the UFC (paid for by the fighters of course) asking if you are OK to fight?

I was wondering when volume 9 of the best seller series that featured big rig, weidman and nog would get released

Might be true, but i hate thats the first thing they throw ot there when things dont go their way.

Thats the problem though, if its true, are you going to avoid saying it? Are you going to hide the fact that happened?

Its just a shitty position to be in

It's the same everywhere. All the time we hear about fighters like Derrick Lewis most recently for example, say they have had these bad injuries for years. I would really love to know what exactly these pre-fight mandatory medical check-ups involve. An unethical doctor that receives sinecure from the UFC (paid for by the fighters of course) asking if you are OK to fight?
I believe you have to get an MRI to test for brain abnormalities, an EKG to test for heart problems, and blood work to test for transmittable diseases (HIV, hepatitis B, hepatitis C). What do you expect them to do, spend a hundred thousand dollars and test every joint in your body like you're the six million dollar man?

The tests are there to make sure fighting isn't going to kill you and that you won't infect anyone with serious diseases. Other stuff is probably the fighter's responsibility as an adult that should look after themselves.

I’m pretty sure that there isn’t one single reported case where a brazilian lost without being injured, not one!

A Silva showed he is a true warrior by trying to fight. How many times have we guys in other sports fight through injury to play in a game? That is no different than in the UFC. In fact, how big of a shit show would this PPV had been if A Silva pulled out of this fight like a week before the PPV with this injury. If anything, Anderson still trying to fight helped keep this card together. It was absolute shit before hand and it would have been 10x worse if Silva pulled out early.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back