Who wins?

• Total voters

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

Translated:

"De Lima, 37, is looking for his third victory in his last four fights. He has beaten Maurice Greene and Ben Rothwell before suffering a points loss to Blagoy Ivanov in May. The TUF Brasil 3 veteran has a record of 19 wins (14 KOs), eight losses and one draw."

"On the other side will be an MMA legend. The "Pitbull" Andrei Arlovski, 43, has more than 50 fights in his career, with 34 wins, 20 losses and two "No Contest". The Belarusian was UFC heavyweight champion between 2005 and 2006, he has already gone through Elite XC, Strikeforce, ONE Championship and World Series of Fighting and faced some of the biggest names in the history of the sport, such as Fedor Emelianenko, Fabrício Werdum, Pedro Rizzo, Stipe Miocic, Alistair Overeem, Tim Sylvia, among others. He won his last four fights in the UFC."

Translated:

"De Lima, 37, is looking for his third victory in his last four fights. He has beaten Maurice Greene and Ben Rothwell before suffering a points loss to Blagoy Ivanov in May. The TUF Brasil 3 veteran has a record of 19 wins (14 KOs), eight losses and one draw."

"On the other side will be an MMA legend. The "Pitbull" Andrei Arlovski, 43, has more than 50 fights in his career, with 34 wins, 20 losses and two "No Contest". The Belarusian was UFC heavyweight champion between 2005 and 2006, he has already gone through Elite XC, Strikeforce, ONE Championship and World Series of Fighting and faced some of the biggest names in the history of the sport, such as Fedor Emelianenko, Fabrício Werdum, Pedro Rizzo, Stipe Miocic, Alistair Overeem, Tim Sylvia, among others. He won his last four fights in the UFC."

Great to see Andrei chugging along picking up $500k and a split decision win at the age of 43. His change of strategy of going from pitbull to point fighter has really paid off for his health and longevity

Lima can crack, I think he's one of Arlovski's more dangerous opponents in a while. If he doesn't get Arlovski out of there in rd 1 he will probably gas and lose a decision though.

Arlovski by split decision

I like Marcos Rogerio de Lima, but this is a winnable fight for Arlovski. Both guys seem to struggle these days in the later rounds a little, but I think Arlovski may have the stamina advantage among these 2. With that said, de Lima is an aggressive fighter with a decent chin -- I think he finishes Arlovski some time within the first couple rounds. I wouldn't bet on it if I were a betting man though.

Arlovski is on a hot streak so I’m rooting for his fifth win in a row.

14 fights in just over four years. That’s crazy for any fighter. But it’s even more impressive considering his age and how long he’s been in the game.
For real -- he must live a very healthy lifestyle to have such activity. He has looked good over this course of time as well.

Arlovski is the ultimate gatekeeper. I remember when he won the championship KOing Paul Buentello about 20 years ago!

Arlovski only loses to top guys. He takes home a paycheque here
UD

De Lima is aggressive. Andrei is gonna have a hard time doing his usual range striking/slow it down routine.

Arlo with the longest win streak in the HW division... Arlovski HW champ 22

Back