Economy Andrew Yang calls out UFC, for only giving 10% of the revenue to fighters on Stephen Colbert's show

I agree about the debates being more of a spectacle, but the modern presidency requires a significant degree of charisma and showmanship. You shouldn’t decide who is best fit to run the country exclusively based on debate performances, but in yangs case he seemed so nervous and unprepared it hurts his credibility as a candidate.

I'm not so sure about that charisma bit. Yes it's an asset but... I'm Canadian. If you're not you probably don't remember this guy:

stephen-harper.jpeg

That's Stephen Harper and he was our last prime minister who had 9 years in office, I think. He had to deal with the great recession and under his leadership we saw Canada's economy improve well beyond the global average during what was a pretty rough time for everyone. He was a Conservative and I wasn't a huge fan of some of his social policies but, all in, he was a very solid leader.

The thing is that he was the opposite of Trudeau insofar as he was unobtrusive. He wasn't charismatic, he wasn't great to listen to and didn't stick out in your mind... He was a forgettable guy who came in, did his job quietly, and got things done. He was ultimately a very solid PM in hindsight. Will he go down in history books as one of the greats? Nope - but he ran the country well in his quiet, unobtrusive, uncharismatic way.

Harper was a different beast than Yang, no doubt, but we do not need these strong personalities in office to run a country well. In fact, I daresay they may be becoming a liability. Unfortunately it's because of shit like the debates that those personalities are so heavily weighted - because we think we need some kind of a loudmouthed movie star or smooth talking con man type to waltz onto the global stage and approach politics like a slick used car salesperson would. I think we desperately need people to accept leaders who are a lot less about talk and show than the current band of misfits coming down the pipeline. We need a few more Stephen Harpers, people who just show up, do the bloody job, and don't make their personality central to the issue.

Last edited:
Name five individual sports, where the sports body doesn't have fixed stadia and historical support (so doesnt represent a city/state), where they are getting 50% of the revenue. I will give you one to start

1) Boxing
2)
3)
4)
5)

Give me four more..

NASCAR?

I was hoping that I could say Tennis and Golf, but nope a quick google search showed that they are only slightly less screwed than MMA fighters.

Yeh, I looked at tennis for the grand slams at its about 13%

What do you think keeps Wimbledon or Roland Garros open all year? They make a shit ton of money those three weeks they have the grand slam and thats it for the year. It subsidises the rich members.

Same with golf. member fees dont cover the cost of running the course. They cash in on the tournaments, pay out about 10-15% in prize money, the rest subsidises the rich for the rest of the year.

im not sure what percentage of revenue a race track pay back in fees to host the race.

if its like F1 then its a different system. The circuit pay X amount of money to host the race, that goes into the race organisers coffers. What the circuit can make then is down to them.

So like Silverstone is a private business, they pay X million pounds to host the british GP, give that to the F1 bosses who spread it around, but what the circuit make, who knows. (probably lose money D:)

5:30

2 things he says:
1) $1000/month for everyone 18+
2) empowering MMA fighters as they are being exploited

tenor.gif

<31>

Last edited:
This is where dana comes in and discredits everything this man has accomplished in his life

This guy is a lunatic,easy to spend infinite money until you actually need to spend it from somewhere

So any can that obtains a professional license gets $1K a month from who? That sounds viable.

hey man, that guy is a warrior...

wait is this Wang or Yang?

One invite to the Joe Rogan Experience and he's changed his whole platform

The best thing he said was about abolishing the penny. Everything else I heard was total liberal bullshit. Spend, spend, spend. Though to be fair, he is a democrat. I expected nothing different.

So any can that obtains a professional license gets $1K a month from who? That sounds viable.

Not just fighters...he proposes everyone in the USA over 18 will get $1,000 a month cashola.

It sounds great until he tries to explain how it would work...eitherway it’s cool he said that aboUT MMA fighters.

Back