Andy Ruiz Blames Rematch Loss on Weight Gain

How significant was his weight gain?

• Total voters
Somewhat significant but the truth is Ruiz at any weight wont ever reach AJ if he fights outside and picks his inside spots ,AJ nearly landed fight ending shots and the first right hand busted Ruiz up and drew blood. No short heavy footed fighter is going to last with a 6'6 power house who can box ,Ruiz has some chin but winning the fight altogether is unlikely and that's why AJ was still favored.
This is why a Ruiz vs Wilder fight would be a good watch

This is why a Ruiz vs Wilder fight would be a good watch
Yeah I'd really like to see that. Ruiz could cause Wilder all sorts of problems because I don't see him being able to keep Ruiz at range as well as Joshua. It could turn into a real brawl.

That's a real case of 'Well I'm gonna tell my big brother to beat you up!'
I think Saunders wanted some titles.

And that's the only fight besides Joshua that Wlad never avenged I believe.

The weight gain certainly affected him but Joshuas performance is very overlooked, he is the better boxer of the two and displayed it. Even in a rematch if Ruiz dropped a few pounds I'd still pick Joshua to win, I had him winning the rematch before Ruiz weight gain was revealed.

It's funny though, I remember a photo of him posted on here about a month ago or so. And he looked like he lost weight and than next you know he comes in overweight. Weird...

It's funny though, I remember a photo of him posted on here about a month ago or so. And he looked like he lost weight and than next you know he comes in overweight. Weird...
HS Senior Pic...

I went extremely significant. Had he lost a bit of weight, trained long and hard and worked on his cardio just a bit, I think he steps in and can cut off the ring and box AJ up on the inside. And my dumb ass saw that pic and thought he was training, too. Wagered my fake shertard vmonies big on Andy mid-week and came home Friday and watched the weigh-ins. Oops. He was actually eating and drinking and partying for months and packed on a lot more weight. WHAT!!!? Lesson learned. I was like "Uh-oh". And then when they said that was their plan? I'm like "Oh, hell no..."
BOO!!!

Also, I got a kick out of this:
Read the thread title and realize that is a professional prize fighter's excuse. A man who already looked like the Mexican Louie Anderson (on short notice) in the first bout! Disgusting. The former HW Champion Of The World. C'mon, Andy. That's so fucked up. Live well, but I thought you were going to show up. In the immortal words of Dana (or a reasonable facsimile) "I thought you were a fucking fighter!!!". He never gets another shot at a strap, I'd guess.

Tragic to his fans and family who supported him and general fans of the boxing world. Whether you like a fighter or not, you want them to be in the best shape when they fight.

Anyway, I hope the tubby fuck bounces back and builds on getting another opportunity at some decent guys. Taco head made me sit through 12 rounds of him chasing a dude who was scared to throw a meaningful punch.

If you go back and look at my posts pre fight I was saying all along to those that said Ruiz would make light work of AJ because he can do a proper camp for the rematch that they was totally overlooking that in the first camp he was in the best shape of his life.

For the first fight he literally did a double camp he had the Dimitrenko fight in April that he did a full camp for and was already negotiating the AJ fight before that even fight took place. He then went straight into another camp for AJ. I kept saying he would not be able to have better fight prep 2nd time round. Also that coupled with his instagram.....first fight crazy videos of him training really quick on the ladders / hurdles vs 2nd fight pictures of food and drink.

Back