Economy Anheuser-Busch loses more than $5 billion in value amid Dylan Mulvaney Bud Light controversy

It makes no sense because now you are forcing people who present themselves as a male, let's say, when they were biologically born a female, to go to the men's restroom dressing like a woman, makeup, etc.

Any kid who walks in to a Men's public bathroom and sees what looks like a woman standing in there would raise all kinds of issues because the kid would be confused and someone would need to explain trans to them - exactly what most of these guys don't want.

To suggest that your concern is that 10yo will access a public bathroom and see some kind of mangled trans surgery is ridiculous. I've never seen someone's dick, balls, or ass while in the men's restroom in public. Maybe an ass crack at the most, but then again, I don't go in looking for it either.
it seems pretty easy to address. but they'd prefer the war on trans than any kind of compromise or actually address any real concerns or issues. they'd rather shame people than protect people.

How often do you actually see someone's genitals while in a public restroom? I can't think of one instance in my life where I saw someone's dick or even ass in the men's room.

There is no easy solution here. While I get the complaints and wanting to force people to use the bathroom based on their biological sex, we also have to keep in mind that a trans person who has glued a dick over their vagina or something usually presents themselves as a man, with facial hair etc. Seeing what a 10yo girl perceives to be a man, walk in to the women's restroom, is going to be just as shocking as what you complain about.

Seriously, if you weren't able to see their genitals, you probably would have never known they were trans. So what 10yo is walking in to a public restroom and seeing dicks and vaginas being displayed? I would say none. Therefore if the people are legitimate trans, it would be more upsetting to the child to see what looks like a woman using the men's rest room, or vice versa. Unless you are pointing and staring at their junk, why would a kid be upset that a male looking female, dressed and conducting themselves as a female, came in and disappeared in to a stall?

It's almost as if you didn't quite think your post through enough and are advocating for something that would cause even more problems or questions from that hypothetical 10yo. That kid is immediately going to be like "daddy? Why is there a woman in the men's restroom?" (upon seeing what looks like a female in the men's restroom). Whereas if the transman is in the female restroom, or a transwoman in the male restroom, nobody will know the difference unless they are peter gazing. Especially a 10yo.

There's no easy answer here.

There’s plenty of truth to this and it touches on a sort of third-rail facet of the issue that no one on either side of the debate seems to want to acknowledge. Passing matters! As you’ve alluded, I wouldn’t want Buck Angel in the ladies room with my daughter and I know she wouldn’t want that either. But he wouldn’t earn a second glance in the men’s room. On the other hand, I have no problem banning the “IT’S MA’AM!!!” nut case from any females-only space. And FTR, I think this is a big part of why the DM Bud Light thing blew up. That dude is barely even trying to pass. That just looks like a bony, anorexic twink in a wig. I really don’t think people would have had the same visceral reaction to a passable trans spokesperson who tries their best to look and act like a real female and it’s a complete tactical failure for the left to have elevated him and tried to turn his low-brow schtick into some “stunning and brave” statement that everyone is required to embrace.

There’s plenty of truth to this and it touches on a sort of third-rail facet of the issue that no one on either side of the debate seems to want to acknowledge. Passing matters! As you’ve alluded, I wouldn’t want Buck Angel in the ladies room with my daughter and I know she wouldn’t want that either. But he wouldn’t earn a second glance in the men’s room. On the other hand, I have no problem banning the “IT’S MA’AM!!!” nut case from any females-only space. And FTR, I think this is a big part of why the DM Bud Light thing blew up. That dude is barely even trying to pass. That just looks like a bony, anorexic twink in a wig. I really don’t think people would have had the same visceral reaction to a passable trans spokesperson who tries their best to look and act like a real female and it’s a complete tactical failure for the left to have elevated him and tried to turn his low-brow schtick into some “stunning and brave” statement that everyone is required to embrace.

Agree with what you are saying, as I am well aware that what "passes" as a female to the general public (or vice versa) would be hard to legislate and enforce, so what I suggested of course presents problems as well. That's why I said there is no easy answer to this.

I myself have a young daughter, and certainly if my wife takes her in to a public bathroom, I don't want her exposed to some out, loud, and proud transgender person. On the other hand, if that trans person generally passes themself off as a regular woman, nobody would probably notice. I mean, sure you notice "hey that girl looks kinda like a man", but if he/she had makeup and a dress on, it would end there.

Not too sure what can be done about this, to be honest, as I understand both viewpoints of allowing trans to use their gender bathroom versus forcing people to use only the bathroom of their biological sex. Both present issues. Maybe we should have a male/female bathroom, and a separate one for LGBT?

it seems pretty easy to address. but they'd prefer the war on trans than any kind of compromise or actually address any real concerns or issues. they'd rather shame people than protect people.

I believe the naysayers do have a point though. Especially when using the most extreme of examples (ie., the really wild and out there trans amongst us) - I don't want my kid around that kind of environment. However, on the other hand, forcing them to use their biological sex bathroom presents a ton of issues as well, which I detailed above. Like what @Gunny said, how do we determine who is a passable male or female? It would be impossible.

Not sure what the solution is other than to have male/female/LGBT specific bathrooms.

I believe the naysayers do have a point though. Especially when using the most extreme of examples (ie., the really wild and out there trans amongst us) - I don't want my kid around that kind of environment. However, on the other hand, forcing them to use their biological sex bathroom presents a ton of issues as well, which I detailed above. Like what @Gunny said, how do we determine who is a passable male or female? It would be impossible.

Not sure what the solution is other than to have male/female/LGBT specific bathrooms.
or just let the people use the fucking bathroom they want to use lol like it literally doesn’t matter

or just let the people use the fucking bathroom they want to use lol like it literally doesn’t matter

If you can't understand why that could cause some problems, I think you're being a little close minded on this.

I think we as a society would do better to acknowledge that there often are points of merit in both sides of an argument. Maybe you vehemently disagree, however change takes time. If you are old enough, remember 30 years ago when gay marriage was going to be the end of civilization? (according to the nay sayers) Now everyone accepts it, even conservatives. All I'm saying is you have to give people time to come around - I think it's just human nature to be somewhat resistant to change, so I get the appeal.

How often do you actually see someone's genitals while in a public restroom? I can't think of one instance in my life where I saw someone's dick or even ass in the men's room.

There is no easy solution here. While I get the complaints and wanting to force people to use the bathroom based on their biological sex, we also have to keep in mind that a trans person who has glued a dick over their vagina or something usually presents themselves as a man, with facial hair etc. Seeing what a 10yo girl perceives to be a man, walk in to the women's restroom, is going to be just as shocking as what you complain about.

Seriously, if you weren't able to see their genitals, you probably would have never known they were trans. So what 10yo is walking in to a public restroom and seeing dicks and vaginas being displayed? I would say none. Therefore if the people are legitimate trans, it would be more upsetting to the child to see what looks like a woman using the men's rest room, or vice versa. Unless you are pointing and staring at their junk, why would a kid be upset that a male looking female, dressed and conducting themselves as a female, came in and disappeared in to a stall?

It's almost as if you didn't quite think your post through enough and are advocating for something that would cause even more problems or questions from that hypothetical 10yo. That kid is immediately going to be like "daddy? Why is there a woman in the men's restroom?" (upon seeing what looks like a female in the men's restroom). Whereas if the transman is in the female restroom, or a transwoman in the male restroom, nobody will know the difference unless they are peter gazing. Especially a 10yo.

There's no easy answer here.

Gonna be honest here. I ALWAYS piss in the cubicles. I will wait if need be. And it is very rarely at my age due to bumping drugs.....in my 20s it was always that. I get massive stage fright in urinals and literally cannot piss even when it's physically pushing at the tip. I have never looked anywhere but straight ahead either. Don't know what it is but I need privacy to piss - if I walk into an empty bathroom I can get in there and once I start, if someone comes next to me, I'm good I can keep going. If I haven't started yet. Nope.

So I advocate for cubicles everywhere haha.

Gonna be honest here. I ALWAYS piss in the cubicles. I will wait if need be. And it is very rarely at my age due to bumping drugs.....in my 20s it was always that. I get massive stage fright in urinals and literally cannot piss even when it's physically pushing at the tip. I have never looked anywhere but straight ahead either. Don't know what it is but I need privacy to piss - if I walk into an empty bathroom I can get in there and once I start, if someone comes next to me, I'm good I can keep going. If I haven't started yet. Nope.

So I advocate for cubicles everywhere haha.

I don't get that with pissing so much as I do with taking a shit. I usually only try to go number 2 at home where I'm comfortable, but if I'm out in public and have to go, i fuckin hate it when I'm sitting in the stall and someone comes in and sits down right next to me. Now I'm just staring at their shoes and wondering who will blast off first. That can give me stage fright as you say.

I learned to somewhat get over it after being incarcerated, where there are no stalls and no privacy - just a row of toilets that everyone else can see and is not shielded from anything. That sucked. My first month of being locked up I don't think I shit even once because I was so worried about stinking up the place or whatever. Once you see that everyone else does it, you get used to it though. I wasn't in level 3 or 4 where they have routine race riots, but I was very aware that people would purposely target one of their enemies, or someone they had a problem with, while they were taking a shit as you are obviously more vulnerable when your pants are around your ankles. I watched 3 grown men target and fight another man who was taking a shit - was sad to see as he flopped around on the ground with shit coming out of his ass and his pants down. One thing I learned that day, it doesn't matter how big you are, or how good of a fighter you may be, when you have 3 or 4 guys on you who won't stop there is nothing you can do. Nothing.

I don't get that with pissing so much as I do with taking a shit. I usually only try to go number 2 at home where I'm comfortable, but if I'm out in public and have to go, i fuckin hate it when I'm sitting in the stall and someone comes in and sits down right next to me. Now I'm just staring at their shoes and wondering who will blast off first. That can give me stage fright as you say.

I learned to somewhat get over it after being incarcerated, where there are no stalls and no privacy - just a row of toilets that everyone else can see and is not shielded from anything. That sucked. My first month of being locked up I don't think I shit even once because I was so worried about stinking up the place or whatever. Once you see that everyone else does it, you get used to it though. I wasn't in level 3 or 4 where they have routine race riots, but I was very aware that people would purposely target one of their enemies, or someone they had a problem with, while they were taking a shit as you are obviously more vulnerable when your pants are around your ankles. I watched 3 grown men target and fight another man who was taking a shit - was sad to see as he flopped around on the ground with shit coming out of his ass and his pants down. One thing I learned that day, it doesn't matter how big you are, or how good of a fighter you may be, when you have 3 or 4 guys on you who won't stop there is nothing you can do. Nothing.

Grimmest post I've ever read man. Fucking hell.

But yeah I think it's a subconscious comfort thing. If I need to relieve myself I need to be alone. Even if I'm out drinking and we all get caught short near bushes, I'll go as far away as possible from my close friends and piss in absolute darkness ciz even having them close by means I cannot get it out of the end of my dick. Its just building there and its like my pisshole just refuses to open. Weird.

I can totally relate to having issues shitting with someone right beside you in the next stall. I go out of my way to avoid it unless it's an emergency.

A few years ago a guy goes into the stall beside me and I'm thinking "fuck!". Then the dude cracks open a can of soda. I thought "wow, he's living his best life over there and giving zero fucks". Admittedly, I felt pretty silly for being so uncomfortably.

Grimmest post I've ever read man. Fucking hell.

But yeah I think it's a subconscious comfort thing. If I need to relieve myself I need to be alone. Even if I'm out drinking and we all get caught short near bushes, I'll go as far away as possible from my close friends and piss in absolute darkness ciz even having them close by means I cannot get it out of the end of my dick. Its just building there and its like my pisshole just refuses to open. Weird.

Ya, I think it's a common problem as I can totally relate the thing you said about finding some bushes far away from everyone else. It's obviously some kind of psychological block. I have been with my wife for more than 15 years and she is very comfortable with just plopping down on the toilet and taking a whiz while I'm at the shaving at the mirror or something. And I can do the same, HOWEVER, if she is waiting for me to finish or is standing there staring at me, it's like you said, no matter how bad I need to go it just won't come out. I remember having this problem a few times when I was in school. We'd all go to the bathroom and everyone is pissing away next to each other, and they all finish and now it's like they are waiting for me and that just makes things worse.

Cheers bro!

If you can't understand why that could cause some problems, I think you're being a little close minded on this
feel free to tell me all the problems that would be caused by letting people use the bathroom they want to use.

feel free to tell me all the problems that would be caused by letting people use the bathroom they want to use.

If you can't understand why creating an environment that is just a 'free for all, use any bathroom you want' could lead to issues, then we have nothing more to discuss.

I acknowledged your argument and even partially agree with it. The fact that you won't budge at all and even acknowledge that the government simply telling people "use whatever bathroom tickles your fancy" couldn't be taken advantage of and exploited is where you lose me.

What you fail to keep in mind, is just as we are supposed to make things equal and fair for trans people, things must be equal and fair to regular people too. Why is that so difficult to understand? You ignored the rest of my post for a reason - you don't appear to be looking for solutions, you just want to bitch and moan in line with a political angle, where the people who may be questioning things are against it, and you are for it. I get it, as I do that myself all the time. But there has to be a reasonable solution other than just assuming a trans person should be able to pick and choose which bathroom they use. As an adult male, can I pick and choose which bathroom I want to use in a public facility? No. So why the special treatment?

And don't come at me with accusing me of being anti gay or anti trans. I routinely call out issue with people on here, mostly conservatives, who equate everything to do with gay as being some grooming for homosexual sex. Further, I also butt heads with people who call gay or trans mental patients. To me, it's no different than age of consent laws. Just because a 12yo girl can physically procreate, does not mean there isn't a psychological component that overrides their physical attributes. Just as with 12yo, the presence of physical characteristics does not tell the whole story and I see gay/trans as the same way. They have certain base physical characteristics (such as a penis or a vagina), but that does not and should not be the sole criteria we use to treat those people. So basically, if anyone thinks trans or gay is a mental illness, then they also should consistently believe that it's mentally ill to assume that a 12yo is not ready to have kids, because after all, biologically they are fertile.

If you can't understand why creating an environment that is just a 'free for all, use any bathroom you want' could lead to issues, then we have nothing more to discuss.
in other words, you aren’t willing to back that assertion up with anything concrete.

in other words, you aren’t willing to back that assertion up with anything concrete.

This is what I'm talking about right here. I literally just hit SEND a few seconds ago, so there is no way you read my entire post because you're not interested in a solution, you just want things to be "my way or the highway".

Yes, I do see problems with both angles. Sorry. You want trans people to have special treatment in that they are free to pick and choose which bathroom they use in public. As a hetero male, I don't get this luxury. So I'll ask again - why the special treatment for trans?

Fucking A dude...damn.

I disagree with you ideologically and politically plenty (but sometimes do agree) but there's zero doubt that you're a bright guy.

This is a sobering reminder that the stereotypes we have of those who are incarcerated don't always hold true. I think we as a society have this idea that everyone in prison is some knuckle dragging half wit but you're a good example that's not true. I don't know what you were in for (and don't need to) but glad you're here posting on the 'Dog. Seems like that life is behind you (saw you have a kid, etc).

Remember this post please next time you want to e-brawl with me about something LOL.

This is what I'm talking about right here. I literally just hit SEND a few seconds ago, so there is no way you read my entire post because you're not interested in a solution, you just want things to be "my way or the highway".

Yes, I do see problems with both angles. Sorry. You want trans people to have special treatment in that they are free to pick and choose which bathroom they use in public. As a hetero male, I don't get this luxury. So I'll ask again - why the special treatment for trans?
you can absolutely use the women’s room. there’s nothing stopping you.

also yeah of course i didn’t read your entire post, you laid out an instant “if you don’t believe what im saying, we might as well not even argue” parameter. why should i respond to anything else?

Last edited:
Fucking A dude...damn.

I disagree with you ideologically and politically plenty (but sometimes do agree) but there's zero doubt that you're a bright guy.

This is a sobering reminder that the stereotypes we have of those who are incarcerated don't always hold true. I think we as a society have this idea that everyone in prison is some knuckle dragging half wit but you're a good example that's not true. I don't know what you were in for (and don't need to) but glad you're here posting on the 'Dog. Seems like that life is behind you (saw you have a kid, etc).

Remember this post please next time you want to e-brawl with me about something LOL.

Ya man, I wasn't a gangster or anything like that.

Jail and prison is just like everywhere else - you have smart people, clever people, really stupid people, and everything in between.

Those days are behind me though. Motorcycles are what landed me in the justice system and ultimately motorcycles is what made me give it all up, as I got in to a bad wreck on the freeway and with a newborn child on the way my wife made me promise I would give it up. Which I did.

I still ride dirt bikes and the occasional Harley, but not nearly as aggressively as I used to ride sport bikes - meaning I'm not flying down the freeway weaving in and out of traffic on one wheel at 120mph anymore. For one, I don't want to go back to jail even for one day, and most importantly I made a promise to my wife and my kid that I wouldn't be that irresponsible anymore.

you can absolutely use the women’s room. there’s nothing stopping you.

also yeah of course i didn’t read your entire post, you laid out an instant “if you don’t believe what im saying, we might as well not even argue” parameter. why should i respond to anything else?

C ant
U nderstand
N ormal
T hinking

Back