Social Animal consciousness. Does it change your perspective?

jesus christ you're dumb.
vegetarians will eat meat grown from meat cells?
we're talking about lab grown meat here, cultured animals in vitro, not fake "beyond meat" bullshit.
stop commenting if you can't even understand what the subject is.
yes many of them will for sure. I am a vegetarian and have had many discussion with vegetarians about this. lots and lots of them will eat meat if there is no suffering of a living being involved. and lots of people who would be vegetarians if they had the balls or discipline will eat it as an easy and humane alternative.

also lots of people will prefer that their pet food is also lab grown meat rather than from the killing of living beings. its a huge market.

lets put it this way.... Florida's fascist republicans did not move to make it illegal because they thought only Starbucks types would eat it. they did that because its a massive threat to the meat industry and they don't really support free markets anyway.

@Fox by the Sea

Last edited:
yes many of them will for sure. I am a vegetarian and have had many discussion with vegetarians about this. lots and lots of them will eat meat if there is no suffering of a living being involved.

also lots of people will prefer that their pet food is also lav grown meat rather than from the killing of living beings.
then they are no longer vegetarians. and all the vegetarians i know don't eat meat because they don't want to eat meat for health reasons, not because of religious reasons.

Last week i ate meat for the first time in around 27 yrs or so. I didn't become a vego for religious or health reasons. Actually i believe it's healthier to eat meat.
I've found an organic farmer who slaughters his own animals. His animals aren't given hormones, antibiotics, mrna jabs, etc.[i have to take him at his word.]
I thought i'd have a little trouble eating meat after all this time, but it seems fine.

I've now finally grown hair on my chest, and most of the time i feel like punching other blokes in the head. Very manly!

then they are no longer vegetarians. and all the vegetarians i know don't eat meat because they don't want to eat meat for health reasons, not because of religious reasons.
its not religious reasons you idiot. and its not because they shop at Starbucks which was your other idiot position. for many.. at least half (certainly not only Starbucks people as you hatefully claim) its about compassion and not harming others. the label of vegetarian wont matter to most vegetarians. not sure what I would do but I'm vegetarian for reasons of compassion and not health because I actually feel better if I eat meat.

but if you do consider religious reasons imagine the market in india when its discovered that you can eat meat without killing a sentient being....

its going to be a huge market and there is no amount of hate you can drum up towards starbucks people will change that.

thats why fascist republicans are moving to block the growing of it... they don't trust the free market to choose on this one.

its not religious reasons you idiot. and its not because they shop at Starbucks which was your other idiot position. for many.. at least half (certainly not only Starbucks people as you hatefully claim) its about compassion and not harming others. the label of vegetarian wont matter to most vegetarians. not sure what I would do but I'm vegetarian for reasons of compassion and not health because I actually feel better if I eat meat.

but if you do consider religious reasons imagine the market in india when its discovered that you can eat meat without killing a sentient being....

its going to be a huge market and there is no amount of hate you can drum up towards starbucks people will change that.

thats why fascist republicans are moving to block the growing of it... they don't trust the fee market to choose on this one.
god, you're fucking stupid. you don't even know the expression starbucks liberals, so all your understanding is that i mean people that shop at starbucks, not brand obsesses well off preachy libs. you know, the type that would invest in huge labs, alongside their buddies Musk, Zuckerberg and all the bankers, and completely screw over the farmers, you know, actual people. but hey, your "vegetarian" buddies can pat themselves on the back that they can stuff their face without feeling guilt.

and to think India, who is poor as fuck, will afford lab-grown meat, which will be more expensive than the actual meat they can get in their markets, you have to be so out of touch with reality it's not even funny. it will literally only be bought by their version of starbucks libs.

you know, i see people making fun of you here and i didn't join them. eh, so you're a bit weird, who cares. but you're also dumb, and that's what i have a problem with. you're dumb and you don't even realize it.

god, you're fucking stupid. you don't even know the expression starbucks liberals, so all your understanding is that i mean people that shop at starbucks, not brand obsesses well off preachy libs. you know, the type that would invest in huge labs, alongside their buddies Musk, Zuckerberg and all the bankers, and completely screw over the farmers, you know, actual people. but hey, your "vegetarian" buddies can pat themselves on the back that they can stuff their face without feeling guilt.

and to think India, who is poor as fuck, will afford lab-grown meat, which will be more expensive than the actual meat they can get in their markets, you have to be so out of touch with reality it's not even funny.

you know, i see people making fun of you here and i didn't join them. eh, so you're a bit weird, who cares. but you're also dumb, and that's what i have a problem with. you're dumb and you don't even realize it.
lab grown meat will be as cheap as regular meat by 2030. at every leap in scale it will get cheaper and cheaper until it is far cheaper than regular meat. i posted an article about this earlier in the thread when another idiot republican was parroting talking points from the meat industry.

as far as Starbucks types goes you have just admitted its a distinction without a meaning.
fascist republicans aren't going against it because they think nobody will eat it.

every single point you have made is total bullshit and hateful too. Starbucks types, too expensive, religious reasons.

any other points you want destroyed?

lab grown meat will be as cheap as regular meat by 2030. at every leap in scale it will get cheaper and cheaper until it is far cheaper than regular meat. i posted an article about this earlier in the thread when another idiot republican was parroting talking points from the meat industry.

as far as Starbucks types goes you have just admitted its a distinction without a meaning.
fascist republicans aren't going against it because they think nobody will eat it.

every single point you have made is total bullshit and hateful too. Starbucks types, too expensive, religious reasons.

Lol @ you destroying anything except aliens when you're having a schizo episode. You don't understand anything about the subject.

Lol @ you destroying anything except aliens when you're having a schizo episode. You don't understand anything about the subject.
see this is what you say when you have no position because Ive dismantled yours. pay attention and you will see thats what those other idiots do to. they stop discussing the topic and resort to personal attacks like you just did.

see this is what you say when you have no position because Ive dismantled yours. pay attention and you will see thats what those other idiots do to. they stop discussing the topic and resort to personal attacks like you just did.
Well when you see a dog shit in the middle of the road you jump over. The dog shit isn't winning because you refused to step on it.

How the hell do you improve a slaughterhouse?

Well I'm rural. We can get a slaughterer out here to do the job. Most around here do. Professional job. No wastage and as humane as possible, everything is used as should be.

No live animal transport. No overcrowding no days of stress. Painless [ being kod in comparison to how it used to be done ]

People consume the meat. The bones hide organs all will be used. [ pet food . Gelatin glue
etc etc ] taken and sold to the appropriate places.

It used to be in slaughterhouses that the cow would just have its throat slit. Now by law ( in Australia) a bolt gun must be used to knock said animal out first. [ and all animals before slaughter ] . Doubt they use the bolt gun for chickens but they are also kod somehow beforehand.

So compared to two decades ago there's been a lot of improvement.

I still don't consider slaughterhouses ethical tho.

But considering batteries and mobiles and PC's and vaccines etc all use animal products I find the moral superiority of some in here to be cute lol

and to think India, who is poor as fuck, will afford lab-grown meat, which will be more expensive than the actual meat they can get in their markets, you have to be so out of touch with reality it's not even funny. it will literally only be bought by their version of starbucks libs.

India has the highest rate of vegetarianism in the world. Even Vivek Ramaswamy is vegetarian and I highly doubt he's actually religious (although raised in the culture). From a quick google search, it looks like Hindus will be able to eat lab grown meat.

If any nations are likely to readily embrace lab grown meat, I would expect India to be one of them.

India has the highest rate of vegetarianism in the world. Even Vivek Ramaswamy is vegetarian and I highly doubt he's actually religious (although raised in the culture). From a quick google search, it looks like Hindus will be able to eat lab grown meat.

If any nations are likely to readily embrace lab grown meat, I would expect India to be one of them.
Won't be cheaper than what they eat now.

It's kind of pathetic that lab grown meat is likely to be widespread before even most westerners acknowledge that eating meat is bad. It's a good indicator that the moral grandstanding of the vast majority of left-wingers is nonsense when even most of them completely ignore this issue. You bring this topic up to most left-wingers and the reaction you get will be something like "what's in it for me?"

For me it's mostly about:
1) It's obviously immoral.
2) It's obviously the most immoral thing the vast majority of people do (if you think most people do something worse, I'm curious what you think that is, but don't say something stupid like microaggressions or insensitive remarks)
3) It's extremely undisciplined to not acknowledge and work on the most immoral thing you do. And you have little moral authority to criticize anyone if the worst thing you do is the same as the worst thing they do.

It's the most obvious first step if you care at all about being somewhat moral. Or at least not being a sack of sh*t as I said in my 1st post.

Last edited:
I'm referring to the 40% who are already lacto-vegetarians. They don't eat regular meat now and so any price comparison is irrelevant.
Price is relevant if they were to switch to lab grown meat.

It's kind of pathetic that lab grown meat is likely to be widespread before even most westerners acknowledge that eating meat is bad. It's a good indicator that the moral grandstanding of the vast majority of left-wingers is nonsense when even most of them completely ignore this issue. You bring this topic up to most left-wingers and the reaction you get will be something like "what's in it for me?"

For me it's mostly about:
1) It's obviously immoral.
2) It's obviously the most immoral thing the vast majority of people do (if you think most people do something worse, I'm curious what you think that is, but don't say something stupid like microaggressions or insensitive remarks)
3) It's extremely undisciplined to not acknowledge and work on the most immoral thing you do. And you have little moral authority to criticize anyone if the worst thing you do is the same as the worst thing they do.

It's the most obvious first step if you care at all about being somewhat moral. Or at least not being a sack of sh*t as I said in my 1st post.
1. Do you think a bear eating a deer is immoral? We are omnivores like them.
2. It's your take it's immoral. That's all.
3. Your on a device that has animal products in it.......

1. Do you think a bear eating a deer is immoral? We are omnivores like them.
2. It's your take it's immoral. That's all.
3. Your on a device that has animal products in it.......

People typically eat herbivores so that mental exercise is a bit pointless. I would say that if you think it's ok to kill a bear for killing a deer then you must think it's really ok to kill another person for killing a deer when the latter doesn't need it to survive or even be healthy.

I don't think it's fair to compare the behaviour of modern humans to wild animals anyway since humans were pretty feral pre-civilization. Animals have much more difficult lives than we do. The average westerner has a much bigger problem with obesity than starvation or getting adequate nutrition.

I looked up what animal products a PC uses and it appears to be some kind of casein glue. I'm not anywhere near as against consuming dairy. I've never gone vegan as I said before. You can get ethically sourced milk although it's more expensive.

Last edited:
People typically eat herbivores so that mental exercise is a bit pointless. I would say that if you think it's ok to kill a bear for killing a deer then you must think it's really ok to kill another person for killing a deer when the latter doesn't need it to survive or even be healthy.

I looked up what animal products a PC uses and it appears to be some kind of casein glue. I'm not anywhere near as against consuming dairy. I've never gone vegan as I said before. You can get ethically sourced milk although it's more expensive.

Huh? The analogy was the bear Is the omnivore and eats deer as well as berries/ fish roots plants. Because that's literally how they are built. Just like humans.

Although They have a exceptionally long digestive tract which is another adaptation we don't have.

Do humans have long or short digestive system?

[COLOR=var(--bbQxAb)]It can be seen that the human digestive tract is relatively small. Compared with that in the pig, an omnivore that is often regarded as a model for humans, the human large intestine is much reduced. The dog intestine is capacious but relatively short.
[/COLOR]

We can break down meat.... not vegetation that should tell you a bit about what we are designed to eat.

Gelatin is used in metal processing to improve metal's structure, such as cadmium in batteries. Animal fats and gelatin are used in many technical applications to which we owe the comforts of our life… and "at present it is extremely difficult—it not impossible—to find alternatives,"

The left over bits of what we " immoral " people consume get used to provide for our day to day lives.

Seems pretty silly to me to use a bit of the animal and point fingers at the people who used the rest and claim moral superiority

Back