Anime and Manga v40: Repeated Thread Necromancy Edition

Jesus. I'll keep reading until it jumps the shark, but god damn George.

Some mangaka really impress me with their creative output and dedication to the craft. Morikawa has taken some breaks for health concerns, but is only halfway done with a story he has been working on almost every day since 1989. Same with Oda and One Piece, Toriyama and Dragonball (other than the fact that he came up with everything on the fly). Hell, Takehiko Inoue made an epilogue for Slam Dunk on chalkboards inside a closed school and then opened it up to the public for three days, while working on Vagabond and Real.

This shit is like a sport for them

Last edited:
I don't know if there are any Hajime No Ippo fans here, but Morikawa said in a recent interview that he's only about halfway done with the story. We're on chapter 1255 at the moment, so I'm happy as hell for another 20 or so years of action.

Here is the interview:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...overed-about-half-the-material-so-far/.144403
Saw that earlier.

Always happy to see more Ippo material. Ricardo will have over 100 title defenses at this pace and will lose his belt falling out of his wheelchair.

Just want to see Kimura win the JBC. George loves using Aoki and Kimura as joke characters but hopefully one of them succeeds.

I waited all this time to watch blood + C because of the pace of the first one.

I'm glad I finally got around to it, I enjoyed it. The student scenes at the end were amazing.

Reincarnated as a Slime showed its last main episode yesterday. Was a bit soft and meh and the second cour rushed and skipped a LOT of stuff, but overall it was a good and cool adaption. Next episodes are supplementary material.

Been watching Hunter X Hunter on Toonami and WOW!

What a saga!

I though the Chimera ant story arc was going to be cookie-cutter and I didn't expect much, but it's nothing short of amazing.

The battle between Chairman Netero and The King...

<{Joewithit}>

It just proves that "There's levels to this..."

Reincarnated as a Slime showed its last main episode yesterday. Was a bit soft and meh and the second cour rushed and skipped a LOT of stuff, but overall it was a good and cool adaption. Next episodes are supplementary material.
Ya it felt so rushed, well didn't watch the most recent episode, yet. But each episode could've been two or three episodes and not really felt like it was filler.

Some mangaka really impress me with their creative output and dedication to the craft. Morikawa has taken I some breaks for health concerns, but is only halfway done with a story he has been working on almost every day since 1989. Same with Oda and One Piece, Toriyama and Dragonball (besides the fact he came up with everything on the fly). Hell, Takehiko Inoue made an epilogue for Slam Dunk on chalkboards inside a closed school and then opened it up to the public for three days, while working on Vagabond and Real.

I just hate the pacing behind it for now. I mean all i care about is Ippo fighting. i want to see him develop and get stronger. All the other boxers are appetizers compared to Ippo. It's just frustrating to see Ippo at a standstill for what seems to be years now...

I just hate the pacing behind it for now. I mean all i care about is Ippo fighting. i want to see him develop and get stronger. All the other boxers are appetizers compared to Ippo. It's just frustrating to see Ippo at a standstill for what seems to be years now...
I think Takamura has as much impact if not more than Ippo in the story line.

Ippo just needs to cross the line. I’m not sure how George will handle his comeback. Win the JBC title again? Fight Imai? Go the Date path? Still a long road to an end.

I've found that if I take a break for a while and read 20 or so chapters in one go, the pacing is pretty digestable. I think I can judge a series the best when I am not waiting for new chapters and I can read the story at the pace the author intended the narrative to move at. Kingdom is one of my favorite series ever but I haven't read it in a year or two because reading the battles play out week to week ruined the story for me. It's an approach I don't love but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've found that if I take a break for a while and read 20 or so chapters in one go, the pacing is pretty digestable. I think I can judge a series the best when I am not waiting for new chapters and I can read the story at the pace the author intended the narrative to move at. Kingdom is one of my favorite series ever but I haven't read it in a year or two because reading the battles play out week to week ruined the story for me. It's an approach I don't love but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That’s the thing. I took a break once Ippo retired. Came back and he’s still there.. they’re teasing a comeback and we all know it’s going to happen but fuckin A... this slow burn of stalling is grating.

And his status with his girl is exactly the same.. Ippo will get a world title belt before he scores his first kiss...

That’s the thing. I took a break once Ippo retired. Came back and he’s still there.. they’re teasing a comeback and we all know it’s going to happen but fuckin A... this slow burn of stalling is grating.

And his status with his girl is exactly the same.. Ippo will get a world title belt before he scores his first kiss...

If you took a 2 year break right now Ippo would be on the way to the Ring for his comeback fight

If you took a 2 year break right now Ippo would be on the way to the Ring for his comeback fight

Slow story development is slow story development no matter how much I wait.

Ya it felt so rushed, well didn't watch the most recent episode, yet. But each episode could've been two or three episodes and not really felt like it was filler.

There was a lot of cut content which made certain plotlines feel incredibly out of place/not make any sense.

I think Takamura has as much impact if not more than Ippo in the story line.

Ippo just needs to cross the line. I’m not sure how George will handle his comeback. Win the JBC title again? Fight Imai? Go the Date path? Still a long road to an end.
Takamura >>>>> Ippo easily. He should just be a fisherman.

anyone else watching jojo? i avoided that shit for a long time but when i gave it a chance, i was hooked.

btw joseph>all
The art style is still a bit off putting to me, but I have only heard good things about the story. I'll bite the bullet one day haha

My username is essentially because of my love for JoJo, and Jo being the shortened english version of my name.

I was tentative at first aswell, but its easily top 5 anime/tv shows ever for me. Just outstanding, off the wall stuff.

Been watching Hunter X Hunter on Toonami and WOW!

What a saga!

I though the Chimera ant story arc was going to be cookie-cutter and I didn't expect much, but it's nothing short of amazing.

The battle between Chairman Netero and The King...

<{Joewithit}>

It just proves that "There's levels to this..."
I started to watch Hunter X Hunter during the Greed Island arc on Toonami and didn't think too much of it but the Chimera Ant arc changed that. With Toonami being too slow I just binged watched the rest of the series then read the rest of the manga now I'm just waiting for the new chapters to come out. Now I feel bad for all the long term fans having to deal with Hiatus X Hiatus but new ones should come out before the end of '19.

Some mangaka really impress me with their creative output and dedication to the craft. Morikawa has taken some breaks for health concerns, but is only halfway done with a story he has been working on almost every day since 1989. Same with Oda and One Piece, Toriyama and Dragonball (other than the fact that he came up with everything on the fly). Hell, Takehiko Inoue made an epilogue for Slam Dunk on chalkboards inside a closed school and then opened it up to the public for three days, while working on Vagabond and Real.

I'm still waiting for more Vagabond chapters

Back