• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Another Harvard plagiarism scandal - this time it's the chief diversity commissar

Do you believe cases of plagiarism are common in the DEI educators sector ?

• Total voters
Because people like that are these days in charge with determining ethics, that's why it matters.

Not only that. I wonder what her Salary is? Isn't Claudine Gay still getting like close to a million a year? What the fuck is that?

It is absurd they are trying to push tax payers to pay for college education/student loans, when these plagarizing clowns are getting paid hundreds of thousands to be mindless mouthpieces for an agenda.

How about fire all these people, lower tuition costs, and move on folx.

Any institution receiving federal funding should not have salaries this inflated.

Not only that. I wonder what her Salary is? Isn't Claudine Gay still getting like close to a million a year? What the fuck is that?

It is absurd they are trying to push tax payers to pay for college education/student loans, when these plagarizing clowns are getting paid hundreds of thousands to be mindless mouthpieces for an agenda.

How about fire all these people, lower tuition costs, and move on folx.

Any institution receiving federal funding should not have salaries this inflated.
she is probably getting paid more than 200K a year. possibly a lot more.
well done, charlatan.

optics.

and to appease the leftist woke mob.

"see see! we can't be racist! we have a chief diversity officer!"

Yea but what do these people do all day? What major do you even need to become one of these?

Why do places even have chief diversity officers? What is their function?
I work at a SUNY (State University of New York) and I was talking with the people that work I. The same office of the chief diversity officer and according to them she doesn’t do a whole lot. But it is what it is because she is a very nice lady and I have no problem with her being able to make a living.

I think people in this thread are overstating how much pull the chief diversity office has within an institution, although Harvard might be different than the little tiny college I work at.

I work at a SUNY (State University of New York) and I was talking with the people that work I. The same office of the chief diversity officer and according to them she doesn’t do a whole lot. But it is what it is because she is a very nice lady and I have no problem with her being able to make a living.

I think people in this thread are overstating how much pull the chief diversity office has within an institution, although Harvard might be different than the little tiny college I work at.
how many teachers could the university hire instead of paying an absolute useless person?

This is totally off topic but I recently read “Reckless Youth” a biography on the life of JFK and back when the draft for WW2 started a large portion of the students at Harvard voluntarily enrolled to go fight. It here is a 0% chance of that happening today.

Not only did they volunteer, they did it to defend OTHER countries boarders. We Americans have become selfish cowards.

so at the very least the university would get an useful hire instead.
You have a good point, although with online classes becoming more prevalent I think you would be surprised how little some of these professors actually have to do to “teach”.

Meh.... It's Harvard. They embrace plagiarism and cheating... or at least they don't really punish for it.

It's not a serious academic juggernaut anymore. Many top employers want no Harvard alum in their ranks.

It's funny how right the opponents of DEI have been up to this point.

The left screams that DEI isn't about hiring unqualified applicants on the basis of immutable characteristics when in reality it has been since the beginning.

Back