Rewatch Another older fight that you guys should know about - Carlos Newton vs Jose "Pele" Landi Jons at Pride 19

Pele using some seriously dirty tactics in the Matsui fight,trying to paralyze the guy.

Fuck Pele for that shit. Trying to paralyze a jobber and still loses lmao. I rooted against him every time after that.

Yayy Carlos. The guy ate that Knee like a G.

I met Carlos at a bar in Ontario in the early 2000s when I was there with a fake ID and absolutely hammered.

I said hi and told him I was a big fan and he looked shocked I knew who he was. He also wanted me to fuck off 100% lol.

I remember this fight very well at the time I thought Pele was screwing around way too much and really could have finished Newton many times but kept giving him time to recover until he got arm bared. Its perplexing really because Pele also lost to Matsui who he was doing a lot of damage to as well yet in the end got controlled on the ground, seems to me like he got beat by 2 opponents that on paper he was supposed to win against.

They still do. Also Mma has always been a freskshow, oldschool mma is no exception.

Nah. The UFC doesn't have the best fighters in the world and it wouldn't matter if they did because rankings have never mattered less. And this has nothing to do with freakshow fights.

Back