Media Anthony Smith accepts Poatan's 50k grappling challenge

crazy yall think he has an ego for thinking he can sub alex with open position and 5 mins to do it lmfao.. idk if he can but cmon he aint THAT deluded

On the opposite end, what if the focus on grappling makes his striking worse? The only notable thing about Alex is his striking.
I see no upside for Alex setting up this contest, hope it's fake news.​

pretty sure everyone is aware of that

... and it's fucking goofy smith made a point
of that part.

Instead of say ...
"let's grapple for charity"
or
"fuck the money, let's grapple"

Smith should do it for free since he called out Alex on this in the first place.

It's grappling, not pro MMA
That makes no sense. How is it goofy to literally repeat the exact terms of the challenge Poatan made?

If somebody makes a bet for a lot of money that heavily favors me at their expense, I'm taking them up on that bet. I'm also making sure they don't try to reneg on the terms they originally set I'm, I'm ALSO taking their money. Why should it be for free or for charity?

If Poatan puts up the money and loses Smith has every fight to take it. Nothing goofy about it.

Prove that his grappling is not that bad?
On any given night, ANY pro fighter can beat another pro fighter. I dig Alex's confidence - his distraction from his next opponent, if known, is what I question.​

That makes no sense. How is it goofy to literally repeat the exact terms of the challenge Poatan made?

If somebody makes a bet for a lot of money that heavily favors me at their expense, I'm taking them up on that bet. I'm also making sure they don't try to reneg on the terms they originally set I'm, I'm ALSO taking their money. Why should it be for free or for charity?

If Poatan puts up the money and loses Smith has every fight to take it. Nothing goofy about it.

We're talking about practice.
Alex didn't reneg on any terms.
Cool those jets.

1 - Anthony responded after coming off the submission win... not before. Repeat, he knew the stipulations beforehand, waited until after the fight to agree. Goofy.

2 - This goofy fuck was the one talking shit on Alex's grappling in the first place, and it was Alex that responded to Anthony.

3 - These are professional fighters.
Acting like this is about the bet (instead of the grappling) is childish.
This isn't a real fight. It is grappling practice. Donate the money, or sell tickets for charity.
Again... goofy & childish to "clarify" the bet is about starting hooks in.

It is quick roll after Smith is coming off a sub, and talking shit about Alex ground game.

So...

why shouldn't it be "for free" ?
It technically is ... for one side.

Anthony Goofy Smith talks a bunch of shit,
but has to clarify that (he gets an advantage) before agreeing.

9c3942a3-20c6-4e31-aa8e-a6f5c05cfe7d_text.gif

What's goofy is making it about betting instead of grappling. It was never about the bet, or the terms of the bet.

We're talking about practice.
Alex didn't reneg on any terms.
Cool those jets.

1 - Anthony responded after coming off the submission win... not before. Repeat, he knew the stipulations beforehand, waited until after the fight to agree. Goofy.

2 - This goofy fuck was the one talking shit on Alex's grappling in the first place, and it was Alex that responded to Anthony.

3 - These are professional fighters.
Acting like this is about the bet (instead of the grappling) is childish.
This isn't a real fight. It is grappling practice. Donate the money, or sell tickets for charity.
Again... goofy & childish to "clarify" the bet is about starting hooks in.

It is quick roll after Smith is coming off a sub, and talking shit about Alex ground game.

So...

why shouldn't it be "for free" ?
It technically is ... for one side.

Anthony Goofy Smith talks a bunch of shit,
but has to clarify that (he gets an advantage) before agreeing.

9c3942a3-20c6-4e31-aa8e-a6f5c05cfe7d_text.gif

What's goofy is making it about betting instead of grappling. It was never about the bet, or the terms of the bet.
You just looking to hate my bro.

Way too invested.

You just looking to hate my bro.

Way too invested.

Not at all.
He won me a lot of money over the weekend.
I just view being a man differently.

The guy is nick-named "lionheart"

Show some courage. Backup the shit talk.

I see a coward whom...
if there is no advantage,
will not accept the challenge.

THIS IS FAR TOO COMMON.

Because Alex has had Glover on his back.
And? I've trained with some absolute phenoms. Doesn't mean I can hang with them. Smith is a good grappler and had a competitive match against Glover. I'm sure Glover works Alex hard but there are levels to the game

Why are some of you so harsh? I don't get it. He seems like a nice guy.
I like Smith

People just seem like they take things he says out of context

But, he seems like a decent human to me and contrary to popular belief, a good analyst as well for the most part.

When you're in front of a camera, you're bound to say some questionable things at times.

Everything you say needs to be bullet proof with nothing left open to interpretation or the internet will destroy you. Which takes time to learn.

If they do grapple potards are gonna realize how awful Alex’s grappling is and why he’d get smoked at heavyweight
What makes you so convinced that a brazilian who's been training jiu jitsu under glover for 7 years is so terrible?

And? I've trained with some absolute phenoms. Doesn't mean I can hang with them. Smith is a good grappler and had a competitive match against Glover. I'm sure Glover works Alex hard but there are levels to the game

Smith had nothing for Glover when they grappled. What fight were you watching?

Smith had nothing for Glover when they grappled. What fight were you watching?
Smith did well in that match. Glover couldn't tap him despite being more positionally sound. Smith had some respectable attacks and showed he'd a solid blackbelt. It was far from one sided. Glover definitely earned the UD, no question but Smith over performed.

I'd recommend watching it again

Smith did well in that match. Glover couldn't tap him despite being more positionally sound. Smith had some respectable attacks and showed he'd a solid blackbelt. It was far from one sided. Glover definitely earned the UD, no question but Smith over performed.

I'd recommend watching it again

It's been awhile since I've seen it. I mostly remember Smith getting his teeth knocked out to Glovers gnp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back