Media Anthony Smith says Alex Pereira would "jump at the opportunity" to fight him

This is one of those guys that just his existence alone is cringe.

The dude was ranked in the top 3 back in 2019 and fought for the title. Logic dictates that he would have been considered a top guy back then and that you're wrong.

On what probably was one if not the shittiest LHW division of all time.

He's step in the fire and get KO'd inside a few mins.

I know Anthony Smith is a walking joke to most, but what should he say? That he has no shot? With that said, no I don't think he has a title run left in him lol

One of the most annoying people ever, he talks absolute hogwash all the time

Very mediocre fighter, Smith got his ass whooped so many times at WW, MW and LHW, he always has an excuse as well, its never his fault, there is always some reason as to why he lost and some "external" factors. The guy is beyond deluded, he is only not hated more because no one even cares.

I've just never ever been impressed with him, and like I said he always has an excuse for everything.

But Why? Alex could just go ahead fight Tom Aspinall. The Chama is serious in achieving belt in every division.

I know Anthony Smith is a walking joke to most, but what should he say? That he has no shot? With that said, no I don't think he has a title run left in him lol
There is confident and there is delusional. Not every fighter who is confident comes off like Anthony Smith. The way he talks no one has anything for him. Read the room bro.

OP's choice of thread title makes Smith sound like a dick. If you read the actual article he doesn't come off like that at all, and I'm far from a fan of his.

Nah, he still kinda sounds like a delusional douche at the very least sir lol.

Smith doesn't even seem like he wants to fight half the time he's in the octagon nowadays.

Turtling up on the ground, doing jack shit, trying to motivate himself by saying crazy shit like "ur hurting my family"
Hahahahaha 😂😂😂😂😂

Yeah, I suppose you're right. He takes it too far.
I don't care that he thinks he should win of course he should.

But he acts like there shouldn't even be a fight and that it's a foregone conclusion. He fought ankalaev and leading up to it he said that he basically doesnt see any way and could beat him..

I mean no one says that about ankalaev. Even poatan don't say that.

I don't care that he thinks he should win of course he should.

But he acts like there shouldn't even be a fight and that it's a foregone conclusion. He fought ankalaev and leading up to it he said that he basically doesnt see any way and could beat him..

I mean no one says that about ankalaev. Even poatan don't say that.
I remember that -- he was on ESPN doing the post fight analysis of Santos/Ankalaev and was saying how unimpressed he was with Ankalaev despite pitching a shutout against a guy that KO'd him previously. He then faces Ankalaev and gets dominated after dismissing him.

I've followed Anthony Smith's comments on Poatan going back awhile now and it's so blatant there's a tone of jealousy with him. He's salty asf that Poatan's scaled the ranks in two divisions in insane time while his claim to fame is not taking a DQ win against Jones. Anthony Smith has literally picked against Poatan every single one of his fights at LHW.

That's what happens when the analysts are all bitter journeymen and former champs.

Back