Media Anthony Smith tired of rising prospects calling him out, "I refuse to be the new Neil Magny"

Anthony should be happy anyone is calling his name out at this point in his career. Sadly, he is denial that he is merely a shell of his younger self and his best years are behind him.

I saw an interview with Petrino where he said he called out Smith because he is ranked #10 and a big name/former title contender. He wasn't diminishing him at all, quite the opposite.
Dude it's Anthony Smith. He's probably gonna go whining on Bisping's podcast how this is just major disrespect.

Lionfart was very immature, but I laughed like a little kid so that works for me sir lmao.
Hahaha yeah it was immature, i admit it...

at first i went with it cause it rhymed but then i actually envisioned a panting lion laying down resting and letting a lazy fart go, which is similar to the underwhelming feeling i get whenever I watch Anthony smith fight.

Hahaha yeah it was immature, i admit it...

at first i went with it cause it rhymed but then i actually envisioned a panting lion laying down resting and letting a lazy fart go, which is similar to the underwhelming feeling i get whenever I watch Anthony smith fight.
Very detailed, I like it more now lol.

Weird take considering the guy got his shot at the belt off beating the ghosts of Rashad Evans, Shogun and then beating a former title challenger in Volkan. He is complaining about people doing exactly what he did to get a shot at the belt except a win over Anthony will just get you a ranking these days.

For about 2-3 years now Smith becomes a little more unlikable practically every time he opens his pie hole. What he said about Magny was completely uncalled for, and disrespectful. As someone that does on air work for ESPN/UFC he needs to be more professional. I’d shit can his ass.

How can these people all be so shitty and unprofessional at doing their jobs?
Well, saying you'd shit can his ass just because you think he disrespected another fighter in a different division is a huge overreaction.

There's Anthony Smith the desk analyst and Anthony Smith the fighter. He didn't make these comments from behind the desk; he made them on a satellite radio show that was interviewing Anthony Smith the fighter. And like many fighters, Smith is a little bit delusional about his own career.

I agree with over posters that Magny has had the more accomplished UFC career overall (despite never fighting for a title), but I think in context Smith is talking about the way Magny's recent career has gone. In his last three fights Magny's fought Phil Rowe, Ian Machado Garry and Mike Malott, three younger fighters who were unranked at the time.

Again, in context Smith said he feels offended because younger unranked LHWs are calling out him specifically and not other ranked LHWs because they think they can beat Smith. He wants to make the young unranked fighters think twice before calling him out.

Back