Media Antonina Shevchenko speaks out about title fight draw, reveals Valentina broke her thumb in 1st rd

Broke thumb in the first, kept throwing jabs until the 5th.

<Fedor23>

Val won the third and was winning the fifth with her broken thumb, that horrible takedown attempt in the fifth is why she is not champ right now.

giphy.gif

if the judge clearly misscored the fight, and she suspects it’s because they wanted to keep the belt on a mexican champ, then what kind of response is “she’s so salty?” yeah of course she’d be salty. she should be.

Val feeling like she won the fight is perfectly fine. But this is the 2nd time she’s squared off with Grasso and could not put her away. Same with Amanda Nunes

Fight could have gone either way but Grasso is the champ and you should have done what Strickland did to Izzy to get the MW belt

Any evidence of the "broken thumb" or is just more salt from the Saltchenkos

Rose at least showed how bad her injury was while there has been nothing from Val that indicates she had a broken thumb

Nothing but excuses, didn't know they were Brazilian

They should be happy it was a draw instead of a decision loss

• bulletvalentina
    #Repost @antoninapantera with @use.repost
    ・・・
    Valentina you are our champion! @bulletvalentina
    I am so sorry that instead of a deserved victory, the result of the fight was a “Draw”.
    Which makes me terribly angry and sad!
    That because of the meanness of one judge, who scored 5th round as 10-8, today you are not with the belt, as it should be!
    I can’t understand where this score came out for him. When half of the round you outstriked your opponent with the hands, and half of the round she was taking your back and sitting there and holding the position. Yes, it was a control time, but no damage. So, 10-8 in round like it??
    Unfortunately, the judge could not and will not be able to explain his decision. And many martial arts experts around the world have many questions for him.
    You are my hero!
    In the first round, you broke a thumb and without even blinking an eye, you continued boxing for all 5 rounds, showing your courage and character! And you didn’t even tell us anything about this injury between rounds, when our coach gave you the instructions of continuing the fight mostly with boxing and punches.
    And you didn't complain in 3rd round about 5 illegal knees that your opponent landed to the head! You continued the fight like a warrior!
    Please don't be upset, my dear sister!
    Everyone who saw this fight knows that you are the winner! It was a beautiful, spectacular fight between two high level opponents, with amazing MMA technique, which can be watched over and over.
    I admire your technique, your strong personality, will power, fanaticism, love for martial arts and life in general! You are my example! I love you ♥️
    And let’s go into the next one!
    #UFC #FightNight

Excuses, sore loser, all round terrible, i hate her.

If u wanna stand up for your fam there's only one place to do it where it matters

Time for Alexa Grasso vs Antonina Shevchenko

the Grasso/Shevchenko III we didn't know we all wanted
book it Dana
<You11>

Any evidence of the "broken thumb" or is just more salt from the Saltchenkos

Rose at least showed how bad her injury was while there has been nothing from Val that indicates she had a broken thumb

Nothing but excuses, didn't know they were Brazilian

They should be happy it was a draw instead of a decision loss
"Nothing but excuses."

Maybe Valentina's finger just knew the memo

Back