Antonio Silva was a HW GOAT 12 years ago

ratyman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Before he lost to Daniel Cormier he beated Fedor when he was a top 3 in the world. For being that "big" he was not suppose to fight in a cage and in U.S

He was made to fight in Japan, to bad he never got a shot in Rizin.

Bigfoot was a GOAT back in 2011 outside of UFC

silva-fedorjpg.jpg

Look a his fight in Sengoku here

People like to clown on him, but without his medical issues he was probably the most legit HW we've had. Hard to deal with a guy that size who is well rounded.

Bigfoot was a lot better than people give him credit for because of how bad he ended up sticking around too long.

Before his health issues led to his brain surgery to remove his pituitary tumour he had a kind of natural super strength and if it wasn't for the 265lb limit he could have been a healthy in shape 300lbs.

After his brain surgery he went 1 win 9 losses after after going 18-5 prior.

People like to clown on him, but without his medical issues he was probably the most legit HW we've had. Hard to deal with a guy that size who is well rounded.
Ehhhh. Don't know about most legit. He was eating losses even before the TRT ban. Cain massacred him twice and DC sliced right through him like it was nothing. Werdum handled him in SF too.

Before he lost to Daniel Cormier he beated Fedor when he was a top 3 in the world. For being that "big" he was not suppose to fight in a cage and in U.S

He was made to fight in Japan, to bad he never got a shot in Rizin.

Bigfoot was a GOAT back in 2011 outside of UFC

silva-fedorjpg.jpg

Look a his fight in Sengoku here

Even after he got wrecked by Cain in the first fight, he was still good enough to beat Travis Browne and made Overeem the perfect spokesperson for the movie "Dead Man Down"

silva-knocking-out-overeem-at-UFC-156.gif

What i liked about Bigfoot is that he was a highlights reel machine , either when he was on the receiving end of a beating or when he himself was giving one. A Bigfoot fight going to decision was a low probability.

Also Hunt vs Bigfoot 1 is one of my favorite fight of all time. That shit was brutal

You didn't tell us if he did "ok" or not.... meh

What are you talking about, man?

He popped in ‘08 after winning the Elite XC after beating Justin Eilers, who was shot and killed on Christmas Day in 2008.

He lost to Werdum in 2009. Then he beat Arlovski, Kyle, and Fedor in ‘10, ‘10, and ‘11 in SF.

He lost to DC in the SF HW GP semis in ‘11.

Then lost his first UFC fight to Cain in ‘12. Then he beat Browne, and Overeem in ‘12, and ‘13.

Then he drew with Hunto in my all-time fav HW fight in December’13. But popped for elevated Testosterone. The fight was overturned to a NC.

Then won only one of his next/last 11fights. Including getting KOd by Hunto in the rematch. His lone win was over Palelei in ‘15 in Palelei’s last fight. Then 8 losses in a row.

He has 3, or 4 really good wins. But that’s about it.

That is just not GOATish, imo. Not enough elite level wins. And no major league belts.

he was always chinny. his first loss he got folded by 1 punch from Eric Pele. i do think he was his best at +300lbs. when he was forced to cut to 265lbs i think it took a lot out of him. he never displayed the type of strength in UFC as he did early in his career or even in EliteXC.

28829.jpg

he looks a lot healthier here than he did in the UFC
T1sD_zJHWNDwn072aDmNNIY6Z8Jjv7gfhZr6eSNk5yg.jpg

Ehhhh. Don't know about most legit. He was eating losses even before the TRT ban. Cain massacred him twice and DC sliced right through him like it was nothing. Werdum handled him in SF too.
I meant size wise, like lean at 265.

I'm not trying to be mean, but his medical condition is probably a large contributor to his success as well.

I'm not trying to be mean, but his medical condition is probably a large contributor to his success as well.
Yep was a catch 22 in the end. Still he was damn hard to beat. In his prime would still be on top today.

Back