Any Europa Universalis IV players in here?

Darwinist

Super Simian
@Gold
Reaction score
This is currently the only game I am playing at all. After the Common Sense DLC introduced forts, this game has gone from being good to being absolutely fantastic IMO. Looking forward to the new features being introduced in The Cossacks, but haven't bought it yet since the word is that they havent gotten the balance quite right yet.

Paradox has a really strong following on Steam so I guess there are bound to be some players on here, so what nations are you playing these days? I just started a Mongols game, and broke away from my Oirat overlords early by stabbing them in the back during a war with Uzbek. my plan is to unite the Central Asian hordes, eat China and turn it into tributary states.

I keep threatening. The big AAA games have to much if my time and then endless legend for my start gaming time (GOTY last year imo)

If you have any interest in Renaissance and/or Enlightenment history, you should check this game out. Every game gives you some compelling alternative history. Last time around I played Georgia, and went from being a tiny irrelevant kingdom hiding from big bad Turkomen hordes in the safety of the Caucasus mountains to becoming an Orthodox crusader state that ruled everything from the Black Sea to the Caspian, went toe to toe with the Ottoman Empire, brought Orthodox Christianity back to Jerusalem and at the close of the campaign had to lead a counter-revolutionary war to restore Monarchism in Russia that had become a revolutionary republic ala France in the 1770s. It was awesome.

I've considered buying it but it looks over my head. I think ill stick with dumb 4x games like civ.

Damn! I couldn't run EU earlier, and for some reason, haven't remembered it at all since I got my new PC. Thanks for reminding me :)

I've played EU, HoI and CK in several versions religiously, and actually used to post on paradoxplaza way back in the day. Can't even remember my username now, though.

I've considered buying it but it looks over my head. I think ill stick with dumb 4x games like civ.
I can't speak for IV, but it's definitely a whale of a game. I still remember the first time I got an inflation problem and had no idea how to fix it.

i really love the idea of EU4 and want to learn to play the game, but i feel like i don't have enough time to give the game the attention it needs.

I have it on my steam account, but haven't really played with it much. Got about 20 years left on a CK2 campaign, so I'll probably hop over to EUIV after I finish that. Wonderful games, though.

I'm interested in these games in theory but when I actually sit down to play something I don't have the time or patience to learn systems this complex.

Steep learning curve but its worth it. I played Victoria II before EUIV same.developer and its crazily in depth

I've tried playing it but I've got too many chromosomes or some shit

You guys are missing out!

Hell, even ISIS are using the EU-spinoffs to announce their unrealistic plans for world domination!
ISIS-territorial-plan.jpg

EU IV is way, WAY easier to get into than EU III or something like Hearts of Iron or Victoria. So many systems have been streamlined or just made to work more logically. If you are interested but intimidated by the game, I wholeheartedly encourage you to make the jump and try it out, particularly if you catch it on sale on Steam, which happens regularly with up to 75% off.

Been in my Steam library for some time. Considering playing it since I'm on holiday through early January.

Been in my Steam library for some time. Considering playing it since I'm on holiday through early January.
hahaha, my vacation just started and i was thinking the exact same thing.

I'm watching some of the gameplay and it looks like Prince of Persia in the early 90's shit.

I must have drunkenly bought a lot of DLC for this game some time ago. Starting it up tonight and I see like 5 expansions on my Steam account.

It's in my library. I'm overloaded with games right now though and haven't found time to sink into it. What's worse is I've just got another RTS I want to get some time into as well in Galactic Civilizations III. Shit, and a couple other games, too.

I guess having too much to play is a pretty decent problem to have if nothing else.

It's in my library. I'm overloaded with games right now though and haven't found time to sink into it. What's worse is I've just got another RTS I want to get some time into as well in Galactic Civilizations III. Shit, and a couple other games, too.

I guess having too much to play is a pretty decent problem to have if nothing else.

12 year old me would have such a raging boner. My Steam library has the following unplayed games (may not be great to others, but on my list of to-do);

1. EUIV
2. Witcher 3
3. FO4
4. AC: Brotherhood
5. AC 3
6. Bioshock 2
7. Bioshock Infinite
8. Child of Light
9. Pillars of Eternity
10. GTA5
11. The Wolf Among Us

I keep threatening to pull the trigger on EV: extreme edition during this sale.

I caved and bought Crusader Kings 2. Sounds like a quality game in its own right, but kinda hoping it acts like a tutorial for EU. Or at least familiarizes me with dat interface

Back