Any experience/advice re: brain damage?

Im doing fine now this happened a long time ago. Plenty of jail time and fights because of it tho.
Glad you made to the far side of all that, can't wait to join you in past tensing this mess

My sympathies. I got hit by a truck in 2016, died and was revived with minor brain damage (occipital lobe and temporal lobe, and other areas). Took a while to get back to reading and speaking normally. Couldnt orgasm for months too. Had minor Schizophrenic episodes (thought i Was on mars / the moon/ in hell). Depression and helplessness followed. For the first time understood why CTE victims like Junior Seau killed themselves, dementia like symptoms are horrible. The prospect of staying that way is worse than death.

I dont have much in the way of useful advice im afraid. Antidepressants helped me a lot, and lots and lots of working out seems to work wonders for my well being. So maybe thats something you can use, if you dont already.
If you can and you havent already, find love. It saved my life as much as antidepressants and sports.
Great job coming back from such a literal hit, I think antidepressants and a great girl plus returning to the gym with docs' blessing oughta be my cliche new years resolutions so good call reminding me of those, stay well man

Glad you made to the far side of all that, can't wait to join you in past tensing this mess
I went to a school for people with tramatic brain injuries they may have something like that where you live. They may also offer job placement there if you need it. You may also be able to sign up for disability to help you till you start back working and they may pay for your regular college too if you want it.
Theres plenty of help available for people with head injuries good luck bro.

I went to a school for people with tramatic brain injuries they may have something like that where you live. They may also offer job placement there if you need it. You may also be able to sign up for disability to help you till you start back working and they may pay for your regular college too if you want it.
Theres plenty of help available for people with head injuries good luck bro.
I might have to check that schooling and job placement out, been on SSDI a couple years now, but while they pay me monthly, they concurrently add it to this $32k overpayment statement on my SSA.gov page, so that's puzzling

I might have to check that schooling and job placement out, been on SSDI a couple years now, but while they pay me monthly, they concurrently add it to this $32k overpayment statement on my SSA.gov page, so that's puzzling
They say creatine can help memory problems Id never heard that before. Theres also ginko biloba to help.
I take ashwagandha powder to calm me down and relieve stress its freaking awesome. Doctors have had me on so many drugs Ive lost count but this works. It may work for you too. Heres what I take you only need a 4th of a teaspoon in water a day. This bag will last a long time. I got mine from amazon.

81yAg29FYHL._SL1500_.jpg

Great job coming back from such a literal hit, I think antidepressants and a great girl plus returning to the gym with docs' blessing oughta be my cliche new years resolutions so good call reminding me of those, stay well man
Thanks bud, Same to you.
Heres a few things i take for my brain:
Alpha gpc
Alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine (Alpha-GPC) and caffeine supplementation have been shown to improve mental and physical performance

Inositol
Green Tea and zero sugar in my diet. Both is supposed to help with neurological disorders.

Antidepressiants: Escitalopram (ssri) helped my concentration. Bupropion (Dopamine reuptake inhibitor helped my feelings of loneliness that came months after the car crash. Obviously benzos (xanis) help to sleep through the night.

Also just lift Baby!

I suffered brain damage on 2014, got assaulted in a bar parking lot and got KO’d cold or something, my head might have hit the pavement too. Have no memory of what actually happened.
Woke up the next day with dementia basically, got taken to the hospital and slow came back to sanity, neurologist said I was lucky to be alive as the TBI was pretty severe.
Gave me a bit of dyslexia and lost most of my sense of smell.

I underwent hyperbaric oxygen therapy last year and I experienced significant recover, I would recommend that a lot. I went to Mexico for it where it was cheaper, about $70 per session. Took several sessions but I forget exactly how many, maybe 14.
Looking forward to more in the future.

I suffered brain damage on 2014, got assaulted in a bar parking lot and got KO’d cold or something, my head might have hit the pavement too. Have no memory of what actually happened.
Woke up the next day with dementia basically, got taken to the hospital and slow came back to sanity, neurologist said I was lucky to be alive as the TBI was pretty severe.
Gave me a bit of dyslexia and lost most of my sense of smell.

I underwent hyperbaric oxygen therapy last year and I experienced significant recover, I would recommend that a lot. I went to Mexico for it where it was cheaper, about $70 per session. Took several sessions but I forget exactly how many, maybe 14.
Looking forward to more in the future.
Yes i have heard about those chambers. Thank you for confirming that they help! Its always good to hear Realworld experiences with new therapies. I must try this, thanks for the idea :)

Back