Any news on the new billion dollar company tryna start an MMA org?

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
There was news of this before the pandemic. I think NBC Universal was one of the names attached to it.

I just re-watched Wandy-Rampage 2 and I forgot how "grand" MMA was to me. Now all the big events in MMA is just another article on the newsfeeds.

I hope some other org becomes the home of the premier athletes in MMA, so that we have to deal with less of the bullshit WME keeps churning.

Or at the very least, make them get their shit together.

Nope! Sorry, you'll have to continue to hate watch the UFC.

Or you know, find something better to do with your time on something you actually enjoy. But that would be logical and rational thinking you're clearly incapable of

I could see some Saudi Prince doing it. I mean you have one that pays for Abu Dhabi every 2 years, another that pays for an extravagant WWE PPV every year. Surely one will come along that decides he can do MMA as good or better and rival UFC's pay.

Nope! Sorry, you'll have to continue to hate watch the UFC.

Or you know, find something better to do with your time on something you actually enjoy. But that would be logical and rational thinking you're clearly incapable of

Perfect example of how normalized and ingrained UFC's anti-competition mindset is. UFC has gotten lazy, and legitimate competition would make them work hard for card quality and big fights

There was news of this before the pandemic. I think NBC Universal was one of the names attached to it.

I just re-watched Wandy-Rampage 2 and I forgot how "grand" MMA was to me. Now all the big events in MMA is just another article on the newsfeeds.

I hope some other org becomes the home of the premier athletes in MMA, so that we have to deal with less of the bullshit WME keeps churning.

You think an org attached to NBC-Universal would churn out less bullshit?

You think an org attached to NBC-Universal would churn out less bullshit?

NBC-Universal will likely serve as the distributor (on their networks or streaming service). As far as the org goes, they can attract talent by providing better healthcare and benefits as well as fair and well defined tiers for payments and sponsorship.

That's how AEW, the pro-wrestling org, succeeded against WWE, even winning against them in the Wednesday night timeslot.

I could see some Saudi Prince doing it. I mean you have one that pays for Abu Dhabi every 2 years, another that pays for an extravagant WWE PPV every year. Surely one will come along that decides he can do MMA as good or better and rival UFC's pay.

^^

NBC-Universal will likely serve as the distributor (on their networks or streaming service). As far as the org goes, they can attract talent by providing better healthcare and benefits as well as fair and well defined tiers for payments and sponsorship.

That's how AEW, the pro-wrestling org, succeeded against WWE, even winning against them in the Wednesday night timeslot.

^^

Is this what you're thinking of btw? WFL? I can't think of what else off the top of my head.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/wfl-the-first-mma-league-information.4217241/

Perfect example of how normalized and ingrained UFC's anti-competition mindset is. UFC has gotten lazy, and legitimate competition would make them work hard for card quality and big fights

Perfect example of the kind of fucking idiot I'm talking about. If you have a problem with it, you don't like it anymore, MOVE ON.

Closest one in America is PFL. They have some money and investors behind them. They are in the red like all the rest of the MMA companies though. It's too late for Bellator. I think they had their shot.

What? AEW doesn’t offer anyone outside of the office staff and EVPs health care and benefits. That entire talking point from the start was debunked by them quickly.

And they didn’t succeed. They’re barely scraping 1M ratings and just had that embarrassing fiasco at the last PPV with CM Punk of all people lol.

Probably not happening is my guess. It doesn't seem like there's been any news since around the time it was first announced a year ago.

I honestly Google could make the next mma org. An entity with boatloads of cash and marketing.

they have to do what the UFC is not willing to do, PAY THEIR FIGHTERS. If a company as rich as google wants in, they will get it.

I saw a documentary recently, The amount of money that company has is ridiculous. They have 1000x more engineers and workers on their payroll than the UFC and they all make well over 100k - to 500k a year just sitting behind computers. They are so rich, they will buy up all the talent and just let them do nothing just so no other companies can challenge their power.

they will have to just buy out every fighter, people talk about loyalty and prestige of the UFC title. But google could throw 100 million for the best UFC fighter past present and future, along with some stock options. Its chump change to them.

Buy up all the talent, hire a promoter, and call it a day. Television deal? No need. Google owns youtube tv, also stream the fights with ad revenue. Remember, they unlimited cash.

If some Saudis organizes it, you can bet your ass it will be like the Saudi soccer league. They lure some aging stars and have them playing with the local “talent”. A lot of money. Zero fame.

Back