Any news on Yair Rodriguez?

MMA fan93

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Have heard nothing about him since he got beaten by Frankie Edgar at UFC 211. Any news about any upcoming fights? Is he injured?

Where you at Yair? WHERE YOU AT M'FR?

It's almost as if he disappeared into thin yair.

YRozg.gif

The UFC tried to fast track him and it didn't work out. Sucks. Makes sense to slow down now and close some of those holes in his game.

He's still a really exciting prospect.

200.gif

Probably still licking his wounds
That was one hell of a schooling

This was in Sept, so who knows:

“Well, I want to fight once before the end of this year. But I haven’t talked to the UFC yet. So I think in the next couple of weeks I will be talking to them and see when they want me to fight again.”

“I don’t have any names yet. I really don’t know who I will be fighting next.”

“I would love to fight at the Las Vegas card at the end of the year (UFC 219 on December 30). That would really be good. That is what I want.”

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/excl...driguez-reveals-plans-for-his-next-big-fight/

He also said he's strongly considering moving to Team Alpha Male.

Have heard nothing about him since he got beaten by Frankie Edgar at UFC 211. Any news about any upcoming fights? Is he injured?

Where you at Yair? WHERE YOU AT M'FR?

Prob takin time off to get better. More fighters should do this even though their top ranked imo.

The UFC is keeping him away for a while, to get the division he is in and the ones directly around him moving now that they have a better baseline down on his skillset and ceiling. That way they can manufacture a better route for him towards the title around guys that would beat him. Think back to Colin's year away with an ACL "injury" for example.

desperately seeking affection somewhere

Back