Any stories of you guys having to use grappling techniques in a fight/street attack?

this one time, in a street fight, a guy performed a stern push on another guy.

judo wins again!

I was working security at a night club. I stumbled on someones foot and did a forward roll. I was a hero that night!

I've only been in two fights. Both times the same thing: I ducked under their Hay maker and got a bodylock, took them down and went to mount, then punched their faces for a little bit and left. Both were when I was younger and had only done some youth wrestling. I've since been in several close calls at bars and working account collections, but I've been able to use words to successfully defend myself there so far.

I'm at a bar one night.... just minding my own business... picking on some random guy who has a "State Wrestling Champion" jacket on.
He seems like a nice enough guy, so I go up to him and say "You must think you're pretty tough."
Humbly he replies, "Oh my jacket? Nah, I'm not tough.... some of it was luck." and he starts to chuckle.
I told him how I don't really care for wrestling. But that if I did pursue it I'm sure I could have easily been a state wrestling champion as well.

He says, "Well it takes alot of dedication.... but, i'm sure if you gave it your all you could have done pretty well... who knows, right?"
And I corrected him with, "I know... that's who."
He responds with, "Okay.... I'm not here to argue with you."

I'm getting a bit more drunk... so I asked him if he wanted to learn how to jab.
He says, "here?! Not really. Sorry man.... I'm just here with my girlfriend."

But I don't let him off that easy.
Playfully I get him in a headlock and start giving him a noogie while saying "oooohhh... is the big bad wrestler scared he can't throw a proper jab????"
He pushes me back and says "What's wrong with you!?" and made some plea for me to just leave him alone.

'Sure thing, tough guy' I think to myself as well as say out loud.

He starts whispering something to his girlfriend, he pays the barkeep, and they make their way towards the door.

Now we're outside and he gets all defensive and says, "Stop following me"

Then I reminded him, "But what about that jab I was going to teach you? They don't teach you those things in wrestling, buddy." and lightly push him from behind as he turned away from me.

His girlfriend thought it wise to start speaking up to which I commented, "Keep your mouth shut."

Oddly enough that was what piqued his interest in learning my jab.
So this hot head pushes me in my chest and then has the nerve to tell ME to "calm down and leave".

Now I'm still holding my drink (most of it spilled out when this knucklehead pushed me) so i splash the remainder of it on his coat in hopes of cooling this guy down.

Well off comes his coat and he said I went too far.... he's forming up on me to fight.

I throw what can only be described as a perfect uppercut.... but somehow I miss. Next thing I know this wrestler has me up in the air and then down on the ground.
With his left hand he's pushing my head into the ground and telling his girlfriend to call the police (coward). Then he says, "oh my God you stink like alchohol!"

I fake start screaming and crying that my back is hurt and I can't feel my legs.
This look of concern comes across his face and he starts saying, "okay.... calm down, man. I'm sorry.... we'll get someone to help you."
I can feel his hold on my head loosen and then BAM! I catch him with my right. He goes rolling off of me.
I spring to my feet, put my arms up in the air and start chanting "People's Champ! People's Champ!"

Ironically some people who were watching (I'm guessing friends of his) ran in, tackled me, held me down, kicked me alittle, and wait for the police to come.

Not a lot of pepper that day?

These don't really count as grappling techniques but I wanted to tell the stories of my martial prowess.

First one, I'm in middle school playing Mortal Kombat 1 against some high school dude. He throws me (which we considered "cheap") so I proceeded to win by throwing him repeatedly over and over until I win the match. He turns to me with his eyes bugging out and says "THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF MORTAL KOMBAT - INSIDE AND OUTSIDE!" Then he put me in a headlock and said "LET'S GO OUTSIDE NOW."

I pried his arm from around my neck. Then we stood there staring at each other. Then he left.

Second one, I'm in the Paris metro and a crazy homeless guy grabs the sleeve of my jacket, which I rip out of his grasp. I stare at him.

Still waiting for the third one. Now I'm ready!

My incident occurred in 1997:

I was at a baseball game with some buddies when I saw this dude that I went to kindergarten with. His name was Carmine, and when we were kids he used to beat the shit out of me on the daily. Anyways, me and my bros leave the game to go get something to eat. As we leave the drive thru and are passing out food to one another, I catch a glimpse of Carmine and his buddies hanging out at a basketball court.

After a brief discussion, me and my friends pull over and challenge them to a fight. At one point, I am able to take Carmine's back and then transition to full mount. As I am raining down punches upon him, my friends pull me off. The cops had arrived, and my friends wanted to get out of there. We weren't fast enough though, and the cops grabbed me and threw me up against a chain link fence. I slugged one of the cops, and they slammed me face first unto the basketball court. I was booked and released shortly after.

Ultimately, I attempted to represent myself during my trial (I have had some experience with this in the past and had much success), but the judge tossed me in jail. I was later released under the supervision of a University professor who helped me to utilize my arithmetic skills to improve my circumstances.

Anyways, that is my grappling/self-defense story. It really changed my life.

I was attacked by some drunk bird who was punching the shit out of my face outside a night club...I basically just got a really high double underhook with an Olympic grip and just held her to the police came.

Thats the beauty of grappling it can be used as a restraint while you communicate with your attacker... in b4 the yanks tell me I would get chainsaw'd doing that around there parts

So...having the high double under hooks I'm guessing you were in good position with your face in her boobs* cough I mean chest?

King mackerel tournament, 4-6' seas from an outgoing tide meeting an incoming wind. The tideline from the bay was like a washing machine. Doug hooked a nice fish, pushing 30# and my son got a nice gaff shot. I'm keeping us from turning beam to the sea as it was bad enough as it was when I hear a scream and see the fish thrashing on the deck with one hook in its mouth and the other one in Doug's leg. I run back with pliers and as I step into the cockpit the deck just drops out from under me.
I break fall, start to get up as the boat rises and feel it drop away again but this time I'm ready and have my feet under me, give my son the pliers, tell him to grab the fish, watch its teeth, take the hook out of the fish and let Doug deal with the hook in his leg.
I go back to piloting and neither one of them had any idea I had fallen down. Yep, that's my grand sum total of anything close to a real life martial arts story; not breaking an arm on fiberglass. Hopefully that's as cool as my stories ever get...

My incident occurred in 1997:

I was at a baseball game with some buddies when I saw this dude that I went to kindergarten with. His name was Carmine, and when we were kids he used to beat the shit out of me on the daily. Anyways, me and my bros leave the game to go get something to eat. As we leave the drive thru and are passing out food to one another, I catch a glimpse of Carmine and his buddies hanging out at a basketball court.

After a brief discussion, me and my friends pull over and challenge them to a fight. At one point, I am able to take Carmine's back and then transition to full mount. As I am raining down punches upon him, my friends pull me off. The cops had arrived, and my friends wanted to get out of there. We weren't fast enough though, and the cops grabbed me and threw me up against a chain link fence. I slugged one of the cops, and they slammed me face first unto the basketball court. I was booked and released shortly after.

Ultimately, I attempted to represent myself during my trial (I have had some experience with this in the past and had much success), but the judge tossed me in jail. I was later released under the supervision of a University professor who helped me to utilize my arithmetic skills to improve my circumstances.

Anyways, that is my grappling/self-defense story. It really changed my life.

Do you like apples?

I'm at a bar one night.... just minding my own business... picking on some random guy who has a "State Wrestling Champion" jacket on.
He seems like a nice enough guy, so I go up to him and say "You must think you're pretty tough."
Humbly he replies, "Oh my jacket? Nah, I'm not tough.... some of it was luck." and he starts to chuckle.
I told him how I don't really care for wrestling. But that if I did pursue it I'm sure I could have easily been a state wrestling champion as well.

He says, "Well it takes alot of dedication.... but, i'm sure if you gave it your all you could have done pretty well... who knows, right?"
And I corrected him with, "I know... that's who."
He responds with, "Okay.... I'm not here to argue with you."

I'm getting a bit more drunk... so I asked him if he wanted to learn how to jab.
He says, "here?! Not really. Sorry man.... I'm just here with my girlfriend."

But I don't let him off that easy.
Playfully I get him in a headlock and start giving him a noogie while saying "oooohhh... is the big bad wrestler scared he can't throw a proper jab????"
He pushes me back and says "What's wrong with you!?" and made some plea for me to just leave him alone.

'Sure thing, tough guy' I think to myself as well as say out loud.

He starts whispering something to his girlfriend, he pays the barkeep, and they make their way towards the door.

Now we're outside and he gets all defensive and says, "Stop following me"

Then I reminded him, "But what about that jab I was going to teach you? They don't teach you those things in wrestling, buddy." and lightly push him from behind as he turned away from me.

His girlfriend thought it wise to start speaking up to which I commented, "Keep your mouth shut."

Oddly enough that was what piqued his interest in learning my jab.
So this hot head pushes me in my chest and then has the nerve to tell ME to "calm down and leave".

Now I'm still holding my drink (most of it spilled out when this knucklehead pushed me) so i splash the remainder of it on his coat in hopes of cooling this guy down.

Well off comes his coat and he said I went too far.... he's forming up on me to fight.

I throw what can only be described as a perfect uppercut.... but somehow I miss. Next thing I know this wrestler has me up in the air and then down on the ground.
With his left hand he's pushing my head into the ground and telling his girlfriend to call the police (coward). Then he says, "oh my God you stink like alchohol!"

I fake start screaming and crying that my back is hurt and I can't feel my legs.
This look of concern comes across his face and he starts saying, "okay.... calm down, man. I'm sorry.... we'll get someone to help you."
I can feel his hold on my head loosen and then BAM! I catch him with my right. He goes rolling off of me.
I spring to my feet, put my arms up in the air and start chanting "People's Champ! People's Champ!"

Ironically some people who were watching (I'm guessing friends of his) ran in, tackled me, held me down, kicked me alittle, and wait for the police to come.

You settled that in his world.

I am hang out in factory with comrades, when some asshole American capitalist pig dog (also he have stupid hair) try to spin punch me. I grab and pick up Yank-ee imperialist, then jump and spinning nine times in air for pile-driver. BAM! That you can take, Mr Hollywood Venice Beach Man!

Someone spilled my drink at the bar so I immediately pulled worm guard and transitioned into a gogoplata to finalise.

I was at my local fitness connection once and this short roided up bodybuilder got pissed at me for apparently using his weights...I guess he thought he could punk me because I was tall and lanky...however I do have extensive training in grappling and had recently started striking. I told the guy I had a few sets left and that he could even work in with me if he wanted he said 'fuck off' and started walking away. Me being 19 immature and cocky at the time pursued him and asked "what the fuck did you say midget?". As soon as I said that the guy charged me and tried to tackle me but it was apparent he had no idea had to wrestle I quickly sprawled while hitting him with elbows. He abandoned the takedown and swung on me as he swung I grabbed a body clinch he felt light (he was thick but short) and he had no idea on how to get underhooks so I suplexed him quickly took mount applied a arm triangle and choked the guy out (he didn't know how to tap). Gym management showed cops the security tape and he didn't press charges so I got off. Not proud of the fight.

I berimbolo'd a guy trying to mug me. It sucked picking out the AIDS infested hypodermic needles from my back but I took the guys back and bow and arrowed him unconscious. The lava didn't really bother me tbh.

I was a concert many years ago and some roid junky was trying to be really alpha in the mosh pit. He kept bullying a lot of my friends, throwing elbows everyone, and being generally obnoxious. Me and him tackled each other a few times in the mosh pit and I didn't think anything of it. I think he tripped once after we tackled each other which upset him. We did a few more tackles and then he actually grabbed double unders on me and tried to trip me to the floor.

He didn't have much control so I immediately pushed his head to the floor, spun to his back, and locked in a RNC until he passed out. I suppose it's funny how easy this was considering I was probably the equivalent of a second day white belt at the time.

Guess I'm lucky I didn't get AIDs and the floor didn't turn into lava. I had plenty of friends around and he didn't seem to. Guess I'm also lucky my friends decided not to turn heel and stomp on me.

I pummel for the double underhooks when I hug my wife. She is not entertained.

When the wife puts her arm around my waist I go for a kimura just about every time.

She hates it.

Back