Anyone else have anxiety about the new upgrade?

I'm freaking out a little bit. November 13 is looming large in my mind like a court date or something. A whole day without sherdog is hard to imagine.
I've already given my therapist a heads up and we're leaning forward with some healthy coping mechanisms so I don't automatically reach for the bottle.

In addition to sherdog withdrawal, I'm concerned about my likes. I just finally recovered from the likepocalype and re-established my 1:1 like-to-post ratio. I'm not sure that I have the mental fortitude to go through that again.

Perhaps there's an upside; maybe the search function will be restored.

How do you guys plan to spend the time while sherdog is down for "upgrades"? I might go outside or attempt some actual human interaction.

Anyone else sweating this? Tell me I'm not alone.

Well switching to Version 3 on LiveLeak is what essentially fucked that site up beyond belief, so yeah there's some anxiety.

Sherdog seems to be doing it the right way though by shutting down for the day.
LiveLeak did the switch when the site was still up, and that fucked some things up pretty bad.

This last maintenance was done with a real understanding of the system.
That gives me high hopes.
Shutting down is the best way to switch the upgrade without glitches/or at least a much lower percentage.

I guess we can only wait and see sir.

I'm freaking out a little bit. November 13 is looming large in my mind like a court date or something. A whole day without sherdog is hard to imagine.
I've already given my therapist a heads up and we're leaning forward with some healthy coping mechanisms so I don't automatically reach for the bottle.

In addition to sherdog withdrawal, I'm concerned about my likes. I just finally recovered from the likepocalype and re-established my 1:1 like-to-post ratio. I'm not sure that I have the mental fortitude to go through that again.

How do you guys plan to spend the time while sherdog is down for "upgrades"? I might go outside or attempt some actual human interaction.

For sure. I'm currently down as a Notable member on Sherdog. Not sure what I have going for me if they take that away.

I'm hearing likes will disappear. Downtime will be longer than one day. Random accounts will be nixed, latest report says 34%. So if you like a fellow poster, let them know, you might not get the chance to do so come next week.

Where are your numbers coming from sir?

How do you guys plan to spend the time while sherdog is down for "upgrades"?

That is on a Monday, so I am going to wake up at 4 a.m., drink two cups of black coffee, and go for an eight-mile walk while also feeding the vast majority of the Hooded Crow population in the area whom I have befriended over the last year and a half that recognize me on sight a kilo bag of unsalted peanuts.

Come home, take a shower, drink two liters of water while watching a few podcasts, eat something around 4 in the afternoon, piano practice for an hour after that, and then get into bed at approximately 9 pm, read for about an hour, and then fall to sleep.

For sure. I'm currently down as a Notable member on Sherdog. Not sure what I have going for me if they take that away.

How do know if you’re a “notable member”? Obviously, my likes validate my existence, so something like this would be huge for me.

That is on a Monday, so I am going to wake up at 4 a.m., drink two cups of black coffee, and go for an eight-mile walk while also feeding the vast majority of the Hooded Crow population in the area whom I have befriended over the last year and a half that recognize me on sight a kilo bag of unsalted peanuts.

Come home, take a shower, drink two liters of water while watching a few podcasts, eat something around 4 in the afternoon, piano practice for an hour after that, and then get into bed at approximately 9 pm, read for about an hour, and then fall to sleep.

That is magical, indeed. You live a charmed life, sherbro. Cheers.

Well switching to Version 3 on LiveLeak is what essentially fucked
that site up beyond belief, so yeah there's some anxiety.

Sherdog seems to be doing it the right way though by shutting down for the day.
LiveLeak did the switch when the site was still up, and that fucked some things up pretty bad.

This last maintenance was done with a real understanding of the system.
That gives me high hopes.
Shutting down is the best way to switch the upgrade without glitches/or at least a much lower percentage.

I guess we can only wait and see sir.

Wow Stoney, you got a lot of info for non-staff. You remind me of Chris Farley’s character in Waynes World, where he broke down Mr. Biggg’s schedule.

Good to see you in Mayberry. I’m clowning a bit, but yea, I got questions. Likes are whatever, but someone speculated in this thread that it’s a turnover and sherdog has been sold. I hope that ain’t true.

Wow Stoney, you got a lot of info for non-staff. You remind me of Chris Farley’s character in Waynes World, where he broke down Mr. Biggg’s schedule.

Good to see you in Mayberry. I’m clowning a bit, but yea, I got questions. Likes are whatever, but someone speculated in this thread that it’s a turnover and sherdog has been sold. I hope that ain’t true.

It might be on the verge of sold, I mean that's exactly what happened to LiveLeak.

I think these guys are more stand up characters than the dude from LL.

The real question and concern is what is your former shitty screen name

The real question and concern is what is your former shitty screen name

I was Hespectfully.

Before that, I was War Me, and that account received the ban hammer.

Why are you asking? Did you think I was someone else?

Charles “Mask” Lewis, co-founder of Tapout, died in car wreck in 2009. I made an insensitive joke along the lines of “bros in tapout shirts are all in mourning”. Instaban. Tame by today’s standards, but sherdog was different back then. I’ve been here since 07’. Bums me out that I’ll never have that account back, but whatever.

Back