Anyone else miss Goldie?

When Anderson was standing against the cage waiting for Israel to advance, I was half expecting to hear a classic Goldie "Oh my goodness!" moment but sadly, Cruz just blathered on proudly naming techniques that less than 1% of the viewing audience cares about. It just seems that no matter what is happening in the cage, Cruz will never show any change in emotion and teaming him with Anik, who himself is quite dry, is not a good pairing.

Anyone else miss Goldie? He may have gained virtually no knowledge throughout his time commentating but he was great at making big moments feel even more exciting and really was a commentator for the people. Who else misses the Goldie charm and enjoys watching Bellator to hear a taste of the old days?

Yup. I do. War Goldie

maxresdefault.jpg

I watched the Bellator with Fedor & Bader & when Goldie said "IT'S ALL OVER, JUST LIKE THAT" I had a major remeniscing moment where I missed him a lot in the UFC.

Part of the charm was waiting for him to say something stupid or goofy, and he worked well with Rogan. Cruz lacks enthusiasm and is passive aggressive towards Rogan

Goldberg: "There is twin brother matt, with.... EQUALLY AGED brother jim" i forget the exact names but that alone will make me always love him

As another poster said, he was a fuck up but he was OUR fuck up and wme era ufc had no right sending him off to fend for himself the way they did.

Dude Goldie is in Bellator now, watching it is almost UFC like. Give DAZN a try they have 4 events this month for like $10 and the app is for Smart TVs

What is this “miss” bullshit? He’s in Bellator. Jus watch Bellator he’s right there. You dummies and your brand loyalty. “Goldie is gone. I miss him. What I would do to hear his voice one last time.” Change the channel to Paramount dummy. It’s still fighting and he’s still commentating.

Great chemistry with rogan

Miss him being a goofball

I miss Goldie. I dont care how goofy he was sometimes he was out goof and made things so much more fun.

Yes I loved Goldie in the UFC. Who cares if he wasn’t perfect, he added excitement. He felt like a fan calling the fights.

Cruz just likes to announce himself as a know it all. His commentary does nothing to make the viewer excited. It’s all about how Cruz knows what fighter a should do against fighter b and so on.
Yeah Cruz certainly has that kind of flavor.

The other side of it is that at his best he is taking small details of the fight and showing the viewer how those details (usually underhooks lol) are determining the course of the fight at the moment. He's the kind of guy who really just needs the right partner to keep him from putting the audience to sleep while not triggering Dom's instinct to assert his dominance.

Hell yes. Anik is professional but he's so lame. Goldie brought the hype.

I don't mind Anik, he has a purpose...very professional and reliable. Cruz is a good analyst but we already have plenty of those, he only makes it more boring.

Back