Anyone else think Almeida was trying to not finish Lewis?

Was Almeida trying to take Lewis to a decision?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm sorry, but that fight looked like Almeida was trying to not finish Lewis. I mean... Lewis gave up, Lewis literally gave up, and Almeida would not finish him. It looked like he was purposefully throwing enough punches to just keep the position while making sure Lewis would make it to the end.

I don't know, that was the weirdest fight I ever seen, I don't know how else to explain what happened other than Almeida did not want to finish Lewis.

Almeida was also not that gassed, he had plenty of energy to chain takedowns but no energy to throw more than 1 punch every 20 seconds in mount while Lewis was sleeping?

Lewis was just laying there like a cadaver at times. It was also weird how he'd literally get up off him, almost in a catchers position, and Lewis would just lay completely flat, and almedia still wouldn't unload. That was a little weird.

Lewis was just laying there like a cadaver at times. It was also weird how he'd literally get up off him, almost in a catchers position, and Lewis would just lay completely flat, and almedia still wouldn't unload. That was a little weird.

It was very weird man, Almeida at one point was literally just sleeping on Lewis for like 20 seconds, just laid his face on his stomach, with his hands totally free.

You'd think he would be insanely gassed but every time the fight got to the feet the guy was doing fast takedowns and chaining them. Then he runs a lap around the ring after the fight is over.

I'm sorry, but that fight looked like Almeida was trying to not finish Lewis. I mean... Lewis gave up, Lewis literally gave up, and Almeida would not finish him. It looked like he was purposefully throwing enough punches to just keep the position while making sure Lewis would make it to the end.

I don't know, that was the weirdest fight I ever seen, I don't know how else to explain what happened other than Almeida did not want to finish Lewis.

Almeida was also not that gassed, he had plenty of energy to chain takedowns but no energy to throw more than 1 punch every 20 seconds in mount while Lewis was sleeping?

what would be the benefit if being able to finish someone and purposely not finishing them? Interested in hearing this rationale.

honestly I kinda believe it. if you are.so overwhelming better and can control the fight, I don't see why he wouldn't

$10k bet gets him $120k way more than any ko or sub bonus would

$120k is probably more than his show/win with a bonus money.

I kept thinking if Lewis had any submission game, he’d sub him for sleeping on him.

Felt like that in the first round, maybe some gentleman's agreement for Lewis taking the fight on short notice.

Bring back Olenik for a title shot if Almeida ever becomes champ imo.
SYrZmr.gif

Last edited:
Playing position over submission. Risking a submission and risking BB get on top or KO on the scramble

Looks a good strategy with hindsight, exhaust and abuse a guy with weak grappling skill while not risking BB “just get up” and then wake up face down and embarrassed … everyone would be saying “he should have just held him down”

This is the second time Lewis has been in a fight with huge odds against going the distance that finished in a decision. Two of the biggest odds payouts in history are in one fight he won and another he lost. I would love to see the largest wagers for each of those fights on it reaching a decision and who made them.

He knew he was going to take him down really fast so he told his team to take the +10000 on going 5 rounds
there's no evidence that he's involved with gambling.

He was too tired. After the first round, you could tell he didn't have the energy to ground and pound. I think he wasted all of his energy in the first squeezing those subs. He was really squeezing when he didn't have position. Really weird for a guy that should know better.

It says a lot when Lewis offered ZERO resistance to the full mount and you still couldn't put him away. That arm triangle and/or arm bar was there all day but Alemedia didn't have the gas for it.

So is it ok to make baseless accusations of fighters fixing fights? Why mods haven't deleted this thread yet?

Maybe he wanted to troll all the people who bet inside the distance. Plenty of possible reasons.
You honestly think he did it to “troll” people? There is plenty of reasons? If the bar is as low as he was trolling, I take it back…I don’t want to hear the possible reasons.

So is it ok to make baseless accusations of fighters fixing fights? Why mods haven't deleted this thread yet?

Why is trying to win by decision fixing a fight?

You can try to win by KO, or sub, but you can’t win by decision?

There is no rule on how you have to win. What if Almeida decided he likes BB and didn’t want to hurt him and wanted to win by decision?

Fixing a fight is losing on purpose, not deciding on how you want to win.

Maybe he had a game plan to win via 5 rounds?

This individual should be insta banned and he's still here talking nonsense about Malhadinho fixing a fight. Unbelievable.

This individual should be insta banned and he's still here talking nonsense about Malhadinho fixing a fight. Unbelievable.

I don’t think you know what fight fixing is.

Is it fixing a fight if you try to win by round 1 KO?

Did Mike Jackson try to fix a fight by not finishing CM Punk?

Did Khabib fix a fight because he decided he didn’t want to finish an armbar in front of Justin’s parents and choose a different finish?

What about Charles when he didn’t want to break Tony Ferguson’s arm and just decided to get a decision win instead?

Fight fixing is losing on purpose, not trying to win via a specific method.

He got close to getting a TKO at one point with sheer volume of consecutive punches but Lewis just stood up when that happened so he focused more on keeping him down. It was smart cause Lewis can KO people in any round.

No he didn’t he just couldn’t get it done.

Back