Anyone else think that uppercut KOs Floyd if...

I still can't believe Conor convinced people to pay money for that. I understand he's the first Scottish MMA champion and has lots of fans in his home country but still guys... come on.
Yeah I don't get it. I fins it especially weird that so many people on this forum wasted time and money on it.

Yeah, the defensive master wanted to be punched in the face. Smart thinking, Oscaraps. Genius.

See, your cynicism would make sense if Floyd fought the way he has fought everyone else in the latter half of his career, and happened to get hit a few times.

But that's not at all what happened.

Idky you're focusing on the uppercut and not the fact that he legit hurt Floyd with a body shot, but the ref rushed over to save his ass and the whole world just acted like it didn't happen.

Conor's mastery of range comes from MMA range, not boxing range. That's why he struggled so mightily with Diaz and not Eddie despite Eddie being a champion - instead of out ranging a smaller opponent and easily crushing their jaw he himself was outranged and had to fight smart to compensate. His left hand is only dynamite when his opponent rushes in chin first, and Floyd is literally the last person on Earth that is going to eat a full power shot rushing in. MMA gloves would have somewhat changed the fight, but it wouldn't have changed the fact that Floyd is a much better boxer. MMA rules on the other hand would have changed the fight completely.

Yeah, the defensive master wanted to be punched in the face. Smart thinking, Oscaraps. Genius.

Yeah he didn’t care for Conor’s power. Maybe just maybe Conor doesn’t have the destructive power they made people believe he had. Now personally I think Conor has a good left and good timing but that won’t get you far in boxing and it clearly showed when a guy who’s known for his defense and caution throws everything out the window and walks through you shots.....just saying and o yea indeed very genius thanks

lol that's sad. It's funny enough some fanboys were sure he was going to win but do some of them really rewatch that one-sided freak show over and over again to marvel at one untechnical punch or hope and pray the result somehow changes right before their eyes?

I seriously doubt any Floyd or boxing fans are ever rewatching that. Have you been at least watching other recent good relevant boxing match-ups? If not, it seems really weird, like you would stalk Conor if you could.

Last edited:
What proof? Proof that nothing hit Mayweather properly?

You're trolling or retarded if you don't realise how much more of a threat Mayweather perceived Pacquiao to be through the entirety of the fight.

Let me actually lay it out for you. Mayweather kept being evasive the entire time with Pacquiao, all while using every defensive technique in his arsenal.

Meanwhile, against McGregor, he plodded towards him, hands glued to his head, while throwing what were probably the ugliest punches he had ever thrown since he was 8 years old and finished him.

Eh

idk about that

But MMA gloves would completely change the fight
It would be worse for Conor. No gloves favores the faster more accurate punches, with better head movement. That's obviously Floyd

Also Conor was terrified of throwing any power punches because he knew he would have gotten countered. That's why he was just spamming arm punches that had no effect on Floyd. Even with mma gloves, Conors punches he threw would not have fazed Floyd.

Floyd said that his last few opponents hit much harder.

“Conor has dynamite in his hands! If he catches Floyd...”

DGW

Conor has shit technique on his power punches. He launches himself into them. That's why he never threw any vs Floyd. It would have gotten him countered

You're trolling or retarded if you don't realise how much more of a threat Mayweather perceived Pacquiao to be through the entirety of the fight.

Let me actually lay it out for you. Mayweather kept being evasive the entire time with Pacquiao, all while using every defensive technique in his arsenal.

Meanwhile, against McGregor, he plodded towards him, hands glued to his head, while throwing what were probably the ugliest punches he had ever thrown since he was 8 years old and finished him.
Mayweather was more scared of Conor than he was of Manny. Fact.

I still can't believe Conor convinced people to pay money for that. I understand he's the first Scottish MMA champion and has lots of fans in his home country but still guys... come on.

man, don't talk bad about scottish people like that please, dolly mcduck is not scottish!

The majority of Conor's power comes from a 150 lb man bum rushing in with his chin waving in the air. If that were the measure of power, well then my yard gate that was left half open that my brother ran into and got knocked the fuck out, must have a shitload of power. I'm gonna name my yard gate "Conah's left hand".

...Conor had on MMA gloves?

I keep watching the fight and I keep thinking more and more that the heavier gloves saved Floyd from getting rocked and then finished a few times.

If they ever fought in MMA, I have a feeling it would be a straight boxing match in the cage and Conor wins by KO to prove a point...no kicks at all.

Are you suffering from some sort of brain defect?

He's the best boxer arguably ever. In 2013 he beat the younger, undefeated, big for division boxing champ Canelo Alvarez. Why people think the MMA fighter would be the one to beat him is ridicoulus.

These mcgregor fans need professional help because this is just absurd.

LMAO these motherfuckers still haven't figured out that Floyd wasn't even trying during the fight. Dude literally was walking in a straight line with no head movement and back straight up. Had absolutely no respect for Conor.

Back