Anyone else wanna see O'Malley vs Yan 2?

If he wins a few, why not.

(Very opinionated; possibly incorrect)
Yan seems to choke under pressure.
Dude is scrappy AF; but always comes up just that much short.
It looks like there's some sort of mental hurtle that he needs to overcome
No
I'm still waiting for Cejudo vs Yan
If I'm right regarding my above reply, it'd be the battle of the washed former champs.
Maybe a loser leaves contention scenario.

O'Malley is still the better striker with more power, and if he beats Merab then Yan pretty much has zero shot considering all Yan had an argument for last time was the grappling.

And O'Malley's a much better grappler these days after prepping for Sterling and Merab.
Go and rewatch the fight.
The hardest and most concussive strikes landed were Yan's counters from inside.

No, Petr has more raw power. He holds the record for knockdowns at BW.

Also, look at Sean at the end of the fight. He was so concussed and looked like he lost.

And no, he would still get taken down and controlled by Petr.

Go and rewatch the fight.
The hardest and most concussive strikes landed were Yan's counters from inside.

No, Petr has more raw power. He holds the record for knockdowns at BW.

Also, look at Sean at the end of the fight. He was so concussed and looked like he lost.

And no, he would still get taken down and controlled by Petr.
giphy.gif

Buddy Yan wasn't shooting for dear life because things were going well for him in the standup.

Judging was fine.

I don't agree with it, but it wasn't unacceptable.

O'malley won exactly like I said he would. Win a clear round, lose a clear round and get the nod from the close round.

I love how you say there are interesting contenders then you name the two most boring contenders possible.

I'm not saying they are undeserving, Just uninteresting.

Are you sure about that? To me it looked like a fight where there was no possible way O'Malley won 2 rounds, ie an outright robbery.

And it seems like all but one media scores agree.

giphy.gif

Buddy Yan wasn't shooting for dear life because things were going well for him in the standup.

You chose one portion of the fight where Sean was clearly getting the better of things. Watch the whole fight, and watch O'Malley's body language at the end of the fight. He looked like he'd taken a beating, and looked completely defeated.

They even asked him if he thought he won and he was like "Er....... yeah..... I guess" <lmao> You could tell even if he didn't believe it at all. This fight made him question if he even wanted to be a fighter.

I don't get how O'malley is #6 p4p when Yan is unranked, should be ranked higher than O'malley lol

You chose one portion of the fight where Sean was clearly getting the better of things. Watch the whole fight, and watch O'Malley's body language at the end of the fight. He looked like he'd taken a beating, and looked completely defeated.

They even asked him if he thought he won and he was like "Er....... yeah..... I guess" <lmao> You could tell even if he didn't believe it at all. This fight made him question if he even wanted to be a fighter.
Buddy that sequence of Sean repeatedly rocking Yan and then dropping him is from the 2nd round that most agree he actually lost because Yan later rallied and took him down for most of it and actually did anything down there.

Not from the 1st or 3rd rounds that Sean actually did win from winning the standup/damage while Yan landed meaningless TDs that went nowhere and so rightfully didn't win him the rounds.

It was a close fight score wise, but not damage wise. The greatest irony is people spending decades wishing to get rid of decisions where Yan would've won from his lay n pray efforts to avoid taking more damage, but wishing for it specifically here because it's O'Malley.

No thanks.

giphy.gif

It has to be 5 rounds. Yan always gives away the first round and has to mount a comeback.

Yan is a really good fighter but he's 2-4 in his last six or if you want 1-3 in his last four. He has to win some fights to get that title shot.

No no no.
There are actually interesting contenders: Merab and then presumptively Nurmagamedov if he wins his next fight impressively.

I’m absolutely clutching my pearls and appalled anyone could be talking Yan and Aldo. Who do you work for????
Yan and Aldo are former champs so that nostalgia and yearning is always gonna be there. Its definetely more rational than vouching for Umar, who has yet to beat a ranked opponent.

Yan is a really good fighter but he's 2-4 in his last six or if you want 1-3 in his last four. He has to win some fights to get that title shot.
A fight with Chito could be interesting. Both of them are in a weird position right now.

Sean vs Merab winner vs Cory vs Umar winner. You can set Yan up to face someone like Chito or Figgy.

Yan and Aldo are former champs so that nostalgia and yearning is always gonna be there. Its definetely more rational than vouching for Umar, who has yet to beat a ranked opponent.
Enjoy your culture of redundant re-runs and re-makes. Preferring familiarity over originality is what upholds status quos and gatekeeps progress.

Enjoy your culture of redundant re-runs and re-makes. Preferring familiarity over originality is what upholds status quos and gatekeeps progress.
LOL, your attempt of moral grandstanding and being open minded is hilarious. The line "preferring familiarity over originality" is hypocritical, I'd wager some money that you wouldn't be glazing Umar like this if he wasn't Daegstani....

Who would of thought that thinking established fighters seem more practical to fight for the belt instead of a guy that has yet to face someone with a wikipedia page....I think Merab is next in line and the match to make period but to just flatly say Umar should be in line now and write off Corey/Yan/Aldo that have recently proved more than him seems incoherent. If you just want random and orginal fights, we might as well try Hasbulla vs Derrick Lewis.

LOL, your attempt of moral grandstanding and being open minded is hilarious. The line "preferring familiarity over originality" is hypocritical, I'd wager some money that you wouldn't be glazing Umar like this if he wasn't Daegstani....

Who would have thought that thinking established fighters seem more practical to fight for the belt instead of a guy that has yet to face someone with a wikipedia page....I think Merab is next in line and the match to make period but to just flatly say Umar should be in line now and write off Corey/Yan/Aldo that have recently proved more than him seems incoherent. If you just want random and orginal fights, we might as well try Hasbulla vs Derrick Lewis.
If you actually read the shit you respond to you would have seen that I said Umar conditional to an outstanding performance against Sandhagen.

It’s hilarious how the majority of contention on this forum is centered around reading comprehension errors.

Back