Anyone Have Any Thoughts About Why the UFC Did Their Elias Theodorou Tribute 15 Months After He Died?

It was a nice tribute, and better late than never of course, but 15 months later?
Cause it was the cancer awareness night and he died of cancer.

I believe they’ve done smaller, less significant moments if I’m recalling correctly. But giving him a 10 minute feature piece was meant to be for the cancer night.

Honestly, as someone who’s lost loved ones to cancer, I really appreciate that they go the extra mile on nights like this.

I believe they’ve done smaller, less significant moments if I’m recalling correctly. But giving him a 10 minute feature piece was meant to be for the cancer night.

Honestly, as someone who’s lost loved ones to cancer, I really appreciate that they go the extra mile on nights like this.
Thank you. Perfect answer.

Along with many others, I was a critic of Elias's fighting style in the UFC but from all accounts he was a heck of a nice guy and human being. I was really sorry to hear about him dying.

I know how his parents feel. I lost my best friend to cancer at the age of 29 and while it was a long time ago, there's not a day that goes by that I dont think of him.

I'm glad the UFC told his story.
RIP Elias.

They definitely acknowledged his passing when it happened, but this full length piece was very touching hearing Elias's story from his family. Hearing the details of Marc Montoya's story was also a great moment.

Too many of us share those same feelings of loss due to cancer. I thought the way UFC integrated in the awareness of V.org throughout an overall outstanding night of fights was one of their brightest moments. They really did justice to the cause.

Back