Anyone have pictures of a fake Gameness gi?

10thdegreewhite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have heard on here that there are knock offs floating around, and I won a platinum weave in a myspace contest (Aesopian won one from the same dude, I hope he sees this) and the shoulder embroidery is destroyed after 1 wash per the instructions. It unravelled pretty bad. I'm not blaming Gameness at all, as I didnt even pay for it, and I was really suprised because my single weave has held up awesome. I'm looking for a pic of a fake one and any way to tell the difference.

I believe the logo isn't as good. Post a picture of yours... if you don't have a server to stick it on PM me and I'll put it on mine.

What kind of MySpace contest was this?

^ It was from a guy named "Ken" on myspace..who gives away free Kimono's ocasionally (Contest)..and free single leg takedown DVD's(Contest as well). He's a great guy, and a big supporter of BJJ. Basically, he loves the sport and is trying to get a lot of people involved. I tried to chance my luck...but the timing was way out of proportion for me...so I had to pass. I SO WOULD'VE WON the gi :D. I hope Sucuri got me the real deal..and got me the right Kimono. (GamenessPitbull = real owner of Gameness??? if so....I got myself a nice free GI) :)

amphibious said:
I believe the logo isn't as good. Post a picture of yours... if you don't have a server to stick it on PM me and I'll put it on mine.

What kind of MySpace contest was this?

dscn0287gh0.jpg

dscn0288dn0.jpg

both shoulders are like that

edit: im not trying to accuse anyone of anything, it might just be that my washing machine hates the gi

Looks like the real thing, probably just a defective sew job, it happens. I'm sure you can exchange it.

^ He got it for free...I doubt he'll be able to exchange it. But, he should be able to sew it up pretty nicely.

it looks like the seam popped and then the fabric frayed up

its weird that it happened to both sides

Are you referring to the Gameness Brazil gis? I don't know that they are knockoffs, but it is my understanding that they are not made by the same company as www.gameness.net. A picture of the Gameness Brazil gis is attached below:

kim_0069_2.jpg

It is an authentic Gameness Gi. I need for you to PM me with your name, address, phone number and the person who had the contest. It appears that the stitching was too close to the end of the ribbon and has just come undone ... however, that is not suposed to happen and we will be happy to exchange it for you.

Thanks,
Regina

^ Awesome!!! Great customer service from Gameness!!!!!

P.S Will my Gameness Single Weave Gi come in hopefully by tomorrow Regina???

(The one Sucuri Bought me)

Thanks, but you guys have been more than kind enough to me with a previous problem I had. I'm just gonna take some black thread and sew it up. The GI is pretty awesome otherwise.

^ wow....you're being quite modest 10thdegree! But why don't you want a new GI..since the same problem could occur over and over..until the whole GI rips apart :D

all you guys with your new gis making me jealous..its taking me forever to get my new gameness(well not forever but i ordered friday and i dont think it even shipped yet)

mackz said:
^ wow....you're being quite modest 10thdegree! But why don't you want a new GI..since the same problem could occur over and over..until the whole GI rips apart :D

not to knock the single weave i have, but its an a3 and the plat is an a2 and just fits so much nicer

i cant go back... i wont go back

I think BGG and Gameness are great. I've never owned BGG's but they aren't bad.

amphibious said:
amphibious does not have gi envy.
Of course not,you've just bought about 170 pairs of shorts....

Back