Anyone have something of greater value then they thought it was worth?

T-800
@purple
Reaction score
When I was about 10 years old the local gaming store was phasing out NES games and selling them all for $5. I bought this game called Zombie Nation and played it for about 5 minutes and thought it was absolute trash and never played it again.

20 years later I'm at comicon in my area (this was a few years ago) and they have it on the shelf listed for $250. Apparently limited copies were made and the nerds value it. Today I could probably sell it for at least $500.

Honda 250r 3 wheeler. Someone offered me 15k for it the other day and I couldn’t believe it. I kept it because it used to be my dads and I fixed it up with him but that’s a ton of money

The last 2 boxes of baseball cards I bought each had a card that I sold for more than I paid for the box.

My Nike Dunk collection. Collected from 2002-2008ish. Stopped buying for over a decade and was too lazy to sell. Early 2020 I noticed a lot of talk about SB Dunks and just Dunks in general. Was in shock how much many of them are worth now. I could sell my entire collection in the low 5 figure range.

Also recently got a free $25 GC for GameStop. I still have a GameCube that my kids will play from time to time (especially Mario Kart) so I was thinking maybe I can find a old game for under $25 for them to play. Saw some games were $75+ like WTF. I think my Paper Mario is worth the most near $100. Really wanted Mario Strikers, but the cost was way too high. Any game I thought would be worth getting were all $50 or more so I just gave up looking.

Reactions: 666
Back in the late 80's I picked up a vintage Tinamatic from the early 70's. It works okay I guess except for a constant whine when in use. Washes clothes AND dishes. Mows pretty decent also. In a pinch it can even shovel snow. Not very handy in the Kitchen, so it's mostly been taken for granted.

Only these last few years has it really been noticable that the generational wealth her family acquired funnels thru her. She's a keeper!

This handbag made of gold was left to us by my Grandma.

My Dad appeared on the BBCs Antiques Roadshow recently and they said it was worth £4-5k, quite an interesting story on how we got it that I've posted about in the past.

jwsdHuO.jpeg

Back