Anyone Here Grow Bonsai Trees?

Law Talkin’ Guy

The Worm
@Gold
Reaction score
My wife got me a juniper bonsai for my birthday last week as she knew I’d been thinking of getting one off and on over the years with a renewed interest having recently binged Cobra Kai and the Karate Kid movies in January.

I’ve put mine in my shelf next to my desk at my office. I’m not really sure what to do as it grows, how I want to style it yet. Hopefully it thrives and I can eventually do something cool with it.

0606B07A-2BA7-4385-8C0C-5680B04E19BA.jpeg

Anyone who ever buys me plants as gifts, I kill them.
I really have always loved Bonsai trees though, so that's really cool. Good luck.

The last two ladies who bought me succulents and am orchid are no longer neighbours.

My daughter got me a succulent for Father’s Day in 2019 that I keep in my office. It’s actually done about as good or better than any plant I’ve ever owned before. That’s my daughter’s hand print painted on the vase. She made this for me at daycare when she was about a year and a half old.

3CB7DEFA-5530-4D51-BBA1-369CE15F7E5F.jpeg

I kinda wanted to do one/some as I have alot of trees and shrubs to take cuttings from that I feel would.make for interesting bonsai. But I was thinking that it's like keeping a fish in a tiny tank or a chicken in a tiny cage. It's a tree, it wants to grow big no? Tiny pot and a little soil, stunting it's growth. Something about that I don't really like.

On that note, I wonder how the Japanese rectify it with how they view nature/Shinto. Like if every tree has a spirit, won't that spirit be pissed you're keeping it like that? I should look it up one day.

Sick Saul doll !

giphy.gif

Back