Anyone here made any late career changes in your mid-late 20s?

im 31 and have had like 5 career changes since i got my bachelor degree. Life is biaatttch for those who are unlucky but its never too late. My dad shut down his business at age 55 and went into another field to work corporate full time.

Nice.

I did one near my early thirties/late twenties. Had to start at $15 / hr, then worked back up to an actual nice salary.

The job markets a bitch. Its nice to bounce around, because at least you find out what you DON'T like to do.

That's a good step to figuring out what you semi-enjoy to tolerate in a "career."

It's a bit difficult to "bounce around" for companies who don't want someone to leave in a year however.

Is was a tough decision but I decided to change careers and become a poor person, it's actually quite a hard job for me to do.

In your late 20's you should be focusing on things like assisted suicide and which adult diaper makes your junk look bigger - not starting a new career. Slow your roll.

Been said a bunch of times but come on man, that's not a late life career change lol you don't have to stay in the same field from 20 until retirement.

One of my college professors went from touring musician, to bar owner, to geography professor all in his late 30s - mid 50s. Go for it.

I'm 32 and have switched careers 3 times in the past 5 years. First one I'm glad I quit when I did, I was working in the oil patch and it just went belly up, there's tons of people around here looking for jobs now.
Loved the second job as a mechanic, but I got offered a salary I couldn't refuse so I'm back to working for a farmer.

Atm I'm working a dead end job and trying to access some better paid professions but the thought of having to get in debt now at 23 with no guarantees of a job if/when i graduate is really putting me off and i'm really struggling to decide whether or not it's worth it. What graduates are the quickest to find professional employment these days after graduating, anyone know?

In the midst of a career change right now. I'm 30.

It's hard in that few people will give you the chance to sit down for an actual job interview, but other than that, it's not that hard. You just have to figure out a way to spin any past experience you have (no matter how small it is) into a way that you'll succeed in your current job. I used to work for a website for free, and took some college courses in the past that sort of relate to where I am now...it's by far the best, highest paying job that I've ever had.

Im an electrician now at 36 and have been for 13 years. I finished uni and went to work in an office and could not fucking stand it.
I laugh my ass every day having a great time at work and am home most days in time to pick up my son from school. I also make more money than most of my friends i went college with.
Fuck tony blair and his drive to get everyone to go to university. Im not wired that and all it got me was debt.

Going on my 3rd career change. Was in culinary classes as a kid, went to culinary school, working in restaurants until I lost the passion for it. Working for IBM now, but going back to school in my mid 30's for Nursing.

I switched careers five times in my twenties .

-I was a technical analyst for a major telecommunications company, then worked as a consultant for an industry lobbyist.

-Decided the private sector wasn't for me and went back to school to finish a Ph.D. Started teaching at a local university (as a sessional, not a professor) but missed having money. I took a job as a policy analyst for the government..... 8 months later, I quit and went back to teaching.

With that being said, I am single, have nobody to take care of and no pressing financial obligations. I can be as selfish as I want to be and chase the things I love/interest me.

Your 20s is the time to find the career that best suits you - the moment you get married and have kids, your first priority should be providing for your family.

Yes, too late. Just stick it out. You only have 40 more years in the workforce.

Back