Anyone Know MMA Event Ticket Rules? Bellator Poses Interesting Question

bully4me

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
When Bellator announced Lima vs Macdonald as the main event for the Forum a couple of months back it was the MAIN Event. Tickets went on sale with only that fight listed.

We've seen in the past when an MMA main event changes and the new Main has one or both fighters changed. The purchaser can return the tickets for a full refund. As for the rest of the card it doesn't matter and the ticket has a clause " fights subject to change", " refund available if main event changes"

After Bellator decided the swap the Main and Co - Main fights last week. All advertising now shows Rampage vs Chael at the Forum, as it did at the press conference today.

Know it sounds strange as both fights are still on the card . Legally however I'm curious if a customer who purchased tickets for the show could return them if they wanted too? From what I've read in the past it looks like a person could if they wanted.

Anyone know?

i think its law there if the main changes than yea you could

i think its law there if the main changes than yea you could

Kinda thought so. Although nuts since both fights are still on the card.

Wonder if that is the reasoning Coker and crew were so adamant that there is TWO MAIN events and NOT a Main and Co-Main. Double talk IMO as all the new posters at the presser just showed Chael vs Page.

You' d be fucking retarded to want a refund when both fighters are still on the card but I'm sure it can happen.

I dont think you have a case since the fight is still happening. IF you bought tickets for Lima Vs Mcdonald, you are still seeing that fight. I went to UFC 213 when nunes dropped out and the only reason they gave refunds was cause the main event was CANCELLED, not the card was re ordered. The tickets also say right on them, fight card subject to change. Good Luck.

Pretty pointless hypothetical.
You're not going to get anyone being mad asking for a refund due to an additional arguably higher profile fight being added to a card.

The Rory/Lima fight is still 5 rounds.

I know some ticket outlets do let you get a refund before an event actually happens but it's quite an annoying process, or you need a valid reason i.e illness.

You' d be fucking retarded to want a refund when both fighters are still on the card but I'm sure it can happen.
What if you're allergic to whiners like rampage

Back