• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone know of a service or software that will rename the pdf file based on content of pdf file?

jeffk

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I have to scan in say 200 pdf files a month. Is there any software that I can run on the pdf files that will rename the off file based on something on the pdf file?

Say there is an account number in the same spot of the page on 100 of the pdf files, is there software that I could tell read read that spot on the page and name the file that plus say May?

I have to scan in say 200 pdf files a month. Is there any software that I can run on the pdf files that will rename the off file based on something on the pdf file?

Say there is an account number in the same spot of the page on 100 of the pdf files, is there software that I could tell read read that spot on the page and name the file that plus say May?
I think this might be what you're looking for?

I made something similar for a friend's engineering business that extracts certain values from pdfs and makes reports. Used some C# pdf lib.

Probably there is a fairly straight forward way to do what you want with a python library.

I made something similar for a friend's engineering business that extracts certain values from pdfs and makes reports. Used some C# pdf lib.

Probably there is a fairly straight forward way to do what you want with a python library.

Maybe the Selenium library has a function for this.

I think a python script would do it. It's been awhile, but I've done that with other file types.

Thanks for the tips.

I looked into evermap some and I think it might work. But I realized my documents don't have the same info on the same spot.

I guess I could scan the in blocks and use evermap to map each block of documents.

Is there smart software that is able determine which type of document it is and then use the appropriate mapping assignment?

Once a document is named, how would be the best way to get in contact with someone who write a script that would be able to file a document into different folders? Is that possible?

Back