Anyone know the story behind Baba O'Riley?

Negative. The Who is a Brittish band. The Who and YES are one of my favorite bands as a kid.
I am aware The Who are English. O'Riley is an Irish name, and places like Boston and the surrounding area love anything Irish. Dana having grown up in the area has probably heard that song a billion times since he was a kid.

I am aware The Who are English. O'Riley is an Irish name, and places like Boston and the surrounding area love anything Irish. Dana having grown up in the area has probably heard that song a billion times since he was a kid.
Still not buying what your selling. Dana is a RATM and Snoop fan.

It's Maximum R&B of the British variety. The story basically means to go back to the roots, cultivate the lands, good women, the 10 minute first round, consistent yellow cards, and to not care about the Sean O'Malley era.
So its all a conspiracy to enter the Baba O'Malley era?

The song is about Woodstock. Townshend spoke about the trash all over the field. And many people fucked out of their minds on acid. Hence .. Teenage Wasteland.

If I could only listen to one band for the rest of my life it would be The WHO. And that particular song is number 3 on my all-time favourite Rock and Roll songs.

I saw them in Edmonton, Atlantic City, and Indio, California.

The song is about Woodstock. Townshend spoke about the trash all over the field. And many people fucked out of their minds on acid. Hence .. Teenage Wasteland.

If I could only listen to one band for the rest of my life it would be The WHO. And that particular song is number 3 on my all-time favourite Rock and Roll songs.
You might be onto something. Dana was born the same year Woodstock happened. Im getting my tinfoil hat out now.

Since this has turned into a The Who thread I’m just gonna leave this deep cut right here

Can’t really discuss oldass but brilliant songs like this with people my own age (I’m 29) so if any of y’all grey-haired mawfuckas give me some props I’d appreciate it.

<5>

Is "give me some props" 29 yr old slang for be my friend and talk to me? If so, fuck off loser.

Like writers of many great songs, the author has spoken about it in different ways over the years. As a huge Who fan I'll share what I can recall what Pete said about Meher Baba in his autobiography Behind Blue Eyes. A great read by the way.

Meher Baba was a guy who enjoyed meditating. At one point he felt talking was overrated. Like words can be violent and he wanted to concentrate on love and peace. So as a readical gesture he stopped talking for quite some time (a few years iirc!). Just wrote stuff down while giggling and laughing a lot. This made a lot of people go Whoah! And start taking what he wrote more seriously.

Pete thought that was pretty awesome. He saw that when the guy wrote stuff down people took him seriously. Being naturally shy Pete felt if he chose his words carefully they would hold greater weight. So that's one of the themes of Lifehouse, the opera for which it was originally written. That maybe there is some note in music that has a cosmic feeling. Where you don't do it in words. It may be through music that we might obtain love and peace. Another song meant for Lifehouse, called Pure and Easy, describes it. "There once was a note pure and easy playing so free like a breath rippling down."

Back