Anyone laughed when Holloway said he wanted to fight Khabib and Tony at the press conference ?

Did this dude forget that Dennis Bermudez was smashing him with elbows and controlling him ? And that Dustin Poirer subbed him with a triangle arm bar ? Both Khabib and Tony would be nightmares for him. Whats your thoughs on Holloway saying he wants to fight Khabib and Tony ?

giphy.gif

Tony has nasty triangles and arm bars

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
Khabib has nasty GnP and wrestling. How would max do against them ?

So we pulling up fights from several years ago again?

Remember when tyrone got ko'd by nate marquardt? Remember when Stipe got tkod by steffan struve? Remember when Ferguson got beat by michael johnson?

Im not saying he will lose, but those losses are ancient history. If Max fought bermudez again he would absolutely murder him. People evolve good sir. Watch more mma.

Last edited:
Did this dude forget that Dennis Bermudez was smashing him with elbows and controlling him ? And that Dustin Poirer subbed him with a triangle arm bar ? Both Khabib and Tony would be nightmares for him. Whats your thoughs on Holloway saying he wants to fight Khabib and Tony ?

giphy.gif

Tony has nasty triangles and arm bars

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
Khabib has nasty GnP and wrestling. How would max do against them ?
Dude those fights from were from 2012/13? You want to know what happened to T-Ferg in 2012? He got dusted by Michael Johnson. What about Khabib in 2012? He struggled and arguably lost (not in my book) against Gleison Tibau. I think he still loses to Khabib today but using a fight from 6 years ago...it doesn't work like that.

Khabib would beat the shit out of Max but I think he'd beat competitive with Ferguson

So we pulling up fights from several years ago again?

Remember when tyrone got ko'd by nate marquardt? Remember when Stipe got tkod by steffan struve? Remember when Ferguson got beat by michael johnson?

Im not saying he will lose, but those losses are ancient history. If Max fought bermudez again he would absolutely murder him. People evolve good sir. Watch more mma.
If your getting out wrestled by Conor McGregor all the evolution in the world isnt gonna help you stop Khabib from smashing you to bits lol.
giphy.gif
<36><36>

Max is one of my favorite fighters btw. I just have common sense.

Max has a shot against tony. Lando had tony rocked like crazy in their fight. i can imagine max catching tony with a shot, making him loopy and finishing him off. I dont see max having much of a chance against the bear

If your getting out wrestled by Conor McGregor all the evolution in the world isnt gonna help you stop Khabib from smashing you to bits lol.
giphy.gif
<36><36>

I give halloway an 85% chance if he and conor ever rematched. Hes made some solid progression. Lets see if frankie can take him down.

Did this dude forget that Dennis Bermudez was smashing him with elbows and controlling him ? And that Dustin Poirer subbed him with a triangle arm bar ?
That fight's like in the Liddell Era dude, of course he forgot

I give halloway an 85% chance if he and conor ever rematched. Hes made some solid progression. Lets see if frankie can take him down.
I could see him beating Conor maybe in a rematch. First fight he got completely man handle physically so idk. But Khabib i give him no shot. Frankie he should beat even if gets a takedown. Because i dont see Frankie being able to hold him down. Khabib is a whole different story.

I could see him beating Conor maybe in a rematch. First fight he got completely man handle physically so idk. But Khabib i give him no shot. Frankie he should beat even if gets a takedown. Because i dont see Frankie being able to hold him down. Khabib is a whole different story.

Ya i agree, but the ferguson fight will be telling.

These threads about a fighter being only as good as he was in his losses are ALWAYS the dumbest threads on sherdog. It really never fails to just amount to a shitposter holding up a sign saying "I don't understand MMA".

The worlds top scientists have recently concluded that young fighters can actually improve

You forgot to add BREAKING: to the beginning.

No you don't. And if he really was one of your favorite fighters, you'd know using those fights to judge how he'd do in a fight now is stupid as shit. You also wouldn't laugh at him for wanting to challenge himself.

So you're pretty much full of shit, and dumb.

This will be a lot more clear after the Edgar fight. He showed he is extremely good on the feet these days with the aldo fights and most of his other recent fights. Now we will see if he can handle a non stop very good wrestler who can also strike.

Back