Anyone like the band Ghost?

Someone died at their show yesterday.

Anyone listen to the new album yet? I ended up being busier than I had planned before work, so I'm waiting until I get out so I can listen to it all the way through.
I have. A lot of people really like it. I'm not a big fan though. I like the harder side of Ghost and this is a very pop-metal type album IMO.

I have. A lot of people really like it. I'm not a big fan though. I like the harder side of Ghost and this is a very pop-metal type album IMO.

Listened to it one time so far, and I kinda aggree. It's definitely their softest, and although I'm not opposed to "soft", I could have used a bit more heavy riffing. Just a bit.

And yeah, as I've stated before (I think), I'm well aware that Ghost isn't supposed to be HEAVY AS FUCK, and they have always been embracing pop - but this album sounds too much like generic hard rock/ pop/ seventies prog. Basically I'm not sure the songs are strong enough to make up for the lack of metal.

But hey, it was still enjoyable, and I'm gonna listen to it a few times and see if it grows on me. So far I would have to say it's their weakest effort, though.

Last edited:
Listened to it one time so far, and I kinda aggree. It's definitely their softest, and although I'm not opposed to "soft", I could have used a bit more heavy riffing. Just a bit.

And yeah, as I've stated before (I think) I'm well aware that Ghost isn't supposed to be HEAVY AS FUCK, and they have always been embracing pop - but this album sounds too much like generic hard rock/ pop/ seventies prog. Basically I'm not sure the songs are strong enough to make up for the lack of metal.

But hey, it was still enjoyable, and I'm gonna listen to it a few times and see if it grows on me. So far I would have to say it's their weakest effort, though.
I don't mind a few tunes, Faith has a bit of a harder sound. Rats and Dance Macabre are catchy tunes and Pro Memoria is good for a slower song. After those 4 I don't like a single song and I hate the fact they wasted 2 spots with pretty forgettable instrumentals.

Someone died at their show yesterday.
He had a heart attack and the band cancelled the rest of the show. Terrible news and RIP to that fan. Hopefully they do a make up date for the rest of the fans that had the show cancelled half way.

And yeah, as I've stated before (I think), I'm well aware that Ghost isn't supposed to be HEAVY AS FUCK, and they have always been embracing pop - but this album sounds too much like generic hard rock/ pop/ seventies prog. Basically I'm not sure the songs are strong enough to make up for the lack of metal.

I really miss the guitar work and subtle nuances of the first two albums you can pickup listening with headphones. Especially, Ritual,Satan's Prayer,Depth of Satan's. Year Zero, Con Clavi, Con Dio, Stand by Him ect.. I know they have a rotating lineup but it still would be nice to have that vibe back

Really liking the new album. I think it'll turn off some because it's more poppy than ever. They are really well crafted songs though full of hooks and dark lyrics. Initial score is 8/10.

"See the Light" was a stand out to me.

Yes.
Saw them in L.A. last year (Greek theater?).
Good show/theatrics. Good sound. I was drunk, though.
Tobias went on a little political rant (in character) which irked me and the mood.

1st album is terrific. 2nd one is pretty damn good,it got less and less interesting to me after that. More and more closer to pop music. I still respect what they do and they put on a great live show. Sense of humor top notch.

I really miss the guitar work and subtle nuances of the first two albums you can pickup listening with headphones. Especially, Ritual,Satan's Prayer,Depth of Satan's. Year Zero, Con Clavi, Con Dio, Stand by Him ect.. I know they have a rotating lineup but it still would be nice to have that vibe back
The bassist on first 2 records sound exactly like guy from In Solitude.

Saw the them in Toronto last weekend. Great show again. These guys are great performers. My wife and I had balcony seats but my brother in law took our kid for a meet and greet in full costume. The cardinal loved her.

5QOU2H.jpg

Their latest album is great from start to finish, probably my favorite them.

I don't mind a few tunes, Faith has a bit of a harder sound. Rats and Dance Macabre are catchy tunes and Pro Memoria is good for a slower song. After those 4 I don't like a single song and I hate the fact they wasted 2 spots with pretty forgettable instrumentals.
Miasma was not a waste, great instrumental. The other instrumental was a bit of one, should have been much shorter and then put in another song to follow it.

fuck no wtf. who listens to that weirdo shit?

It's not weird at all. Well, maybe the whole theatrics is a bit weird (well, more "fun", really), but the music by itself is pretty straight forward; catchy tunes first and foremost.

They're pretty popular. Rats had the longest run at #1 on billboard for a metal song in 2018. Loudwire named Tobias Forge metal artist of the year. Metallica even warms up by playing covers of ghost.

Not to mention Ghost is probably on the lower rungs of real "weirdos" in the metal world.

I've heard a few songs of theirs on Sirius. Had never heard of them and usually skip to the next station. They just sound boring.

Back