Anyone love to plays sports simulation games?

Do you play sports simulation games?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm playing Out of the Park Baseball 24 currently and I love it.

Just love the great detail and information they put into it.

How about you guys?

I prefer Arcade-style, less realistic games when it comes to sports.

For simulation, I prefer no simulation at all. Always just preferred playing real sports.

For simulation, I prefer no simulation at all. Always just preferred playing real sports.

Oh ok, btw I wanted this thread posted in the Arcade forum. I accidently posted it here. If you can move it that would be great, thanks.

Not anymore. Used to play all the big sports games (Madden, NHL, MLB, etc.. ) religiously when I was young but eventually cut that down to none. I don't follow sports like i used ..

Simulation is team management.

I sometimes play Front Office Football and Real GM Basketball.

Still run a save file of Championship Manager 01/02 every year.

Apart from that have been playing Eastside Hockey Manager lately with the NHL player / team mods

Only once. Most of the iRacing staff along with certain testers played this season long F1 simulation that was website based. Initially fun, but became mundane breaking everything down to numerical values.

Early 2000's Championship Manager was the best, can't get my head around the new Football Manager one's unfortunately. Or the time unfortunately.

Yes but in the form of tabletop games.

On console I'm all about Madden, The Show, NBA, FIFA, Tennis games and wrestling games but don't consider them simulation. Apart from maybe Fire Pro.

Mostly I don't enjoy them.

For some reason as a kid I really got into MLB 98 and was determined to play an entire season. Had a lot of fun. But that was the last time I played a sports simulation unless you count the gran Turismo games

Depends what you mean, I guess. I don't mind some sim-racers and whatnot, but if you're talking about that "manager" shit, then no. I look at enough spreadsheets during the day.

I used to like playing baseball games on NES, Genesis, PS1, then PS3 the controls got weird and I never took the time to learn them.

Back