Anyone Remember Minesweeper?

No one's gonna watch you play minesweeper dude. Always wondered why this crap and solitaire were the two games added by default to a Windows machine. They chose the two most boring games they could think of. Couldn't they at least have gotten Tetris?
I have already watched him play lol

You subscribe to his OF, too?

giphy.gif

I loved minesweeper but I can't stand how eventually you have to guess.
With sudoku, when you must guess, at least you can manually rewind and know the answer is the opposite of your guess.

No one's gonna watch you play minesweeper dude. Always wondered why this crap and solitaire were the two games added by default to a Windows machine. They chose the two most boring games they could think of. Couldn't they at least have gotten Tetris?
Solitaire is really good. You just just suck at it and not understand it.

All I’m saying is If you were good at it and k ew the rules, you would like it.

You say this like you aren't talking to a 90s kid who isn't intimately familiar with the bullshit games that Windows came with. Get fucked. Solitaire is lame.

You say this like you aren't talking to a 90s kid who isn't intimately familiar with the bullshit games that Windows came with. Get fucked. Solitaire is lame.
You think it is lame just because you suck at it.

Ski free was always more fun than minesweeper for me, the sense of adventure and freedom plus the horror of the Yeti...

But what about Scorched Earth? Anyone?

Oh yes. The glory of a funky bomb was always fun..

[ cooler than the deaths head anyway]

There was actually some logic behind it.

Back then many people were getting their first PC and a lot of them had never used a mouse before.

So they included these particular games because they're like mouse training. In minesweeper you develop the skill of clicking on small squares, and differentiating right and left button clicks.

In solitaire you got to practice holding down the left button and dragging things around the screen.

A mouse seems pretty intuitive for those of us that grew up with computers. But I remember showing my grandma how to use the computer and it was painful because it took several tries to click on the little x to close the window.
<TheWire1>

Ski free was always more fun than minesweeper for me, the sense of adventure and freedom plus the horror of the Yeti...

But what about Scorched Earth? Anyone?

Holy fuck I was just thinking about that skiing game yesterday. Honestly don't think a computer I owned ever had it. Was that Windows 95? The first computer I ever owned was Windows ME. (Had that computer from 2000 - 2009!)

Ski Free was the GOAT Windows 95 game. I loved that shit

gthdzf4g9ob81.gif

Back