Anyone still playing No Mans Sky?

I'm planning on jumping back in one Beyond is released. I played around a tiny bit after Next was released and even that was A HUGE improvement from launch. I'm looking forward to seeing what Beyond will bring.

Yeah I'll need to try this again once that new update comes out. The vanilla game held my interest for around a week looks like it's been improved big time since then.

I played it while I hadn't update the game yet cuz of shitty internet in the country. But I took it into town. Updated it with ALL the new updates and the game improved like 400 percent. Made a huge difference. Try it again and start a new game. Pretty damn Grindy but I have lots of fun with it. Switching between this and Black Flag periodically.

they should combine this with Anthem and release No Man’s Anthem to be played by all 5 of its remaining fans

I bought this and haven't opened the case, nor have I installed it yet lol. But I do plan on giving it a shot, is this DLC free like the DLCs prior?

I watched this video on no mans skie comeback, it sounds absolutely stunning. Can you confirm this? Was this game improved so much? Would love to play some if yes.

To the above question, the latest big update is free as well.

I picked it up I think just after the Pathfinder update. Haven't played a huge amount of it yet but I just started it again recently after the last big update.

I'm tempted to watch videos which show all of the changes but it seems like the fun of the game is in exploring and finding these things for yourself. It's a very slow-paced game and definitely not for everyone but it has a decent adventure feel to it with you having to learn languages and so on. I think liking that kind of Brian Eno style space music and the atmosphere is key to enjoying the game because otherwise it really is quite slow. I like that it has a permadeath mode.

Overall, I think it's not so bad. Maybe at launch it was shit but I don't think I really have any other games which are like it. It scratches a certain itch. I think it's a nice game to play while you're winding down for bed. I'm still early in the game but I look forward to seeing what surprises lie in wait.

But don't pick it up if you're looking for a shooter or space shooter. Those are just small components of a larger exploration and crafting game.

they should combine this with Anthem and release No Man’s Anthem to be played by all 5 of its remaining fans
And a merger serve with Fallout 76 to bring it to a dozen players soon right?

And a merger serve with Fallout 76 to bring it to a dozen players soon right?

R1fdEt3.gif

I didn't think NMS was that terrible at release. It was a buggy game with a shitload of pop-in and not that much to do but that much better with pizza and a bag of weed. Some of the vista's were awesome when stoned out of your mind. The narrative of what it was and wasn't totally got away from Sean Murray and Hello Games though. I never really got back into it with the updates. It ran its course for me lol

57b1fa8b46626.jpeg

The memes we got out of this whole shitstorm were the best thing ever too haha

Every update so far adds a few hours to the game before the boredom kicks in again.
I don't think it's quite there yet.

Back