Anyone think Hall is a title contender?

egk

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Chael said Uriah is a title contender after he KO'd Bubba. I took it to mean a world title.

We all saw Bubba's unimpressive fights and Hall's huge KO of Cella. Except for Kevin Casey I'd have to say Uriah probably got two of the weakest guys in the house in his fights.

His only fights against top competition were losses a couple of years ago to Wiedman and a close decision loss to Philippou . He looked like he got tooled in the Weidman fight.

Anyone else think he's a title contender based on big KO's of Cella and McDanial? Seems like an awful lot of pressure to be putting on the guy at this stage of his career. I'd sure like to see him in fights against guys who can take him down before proclaiming him a title contender.

possible one day. There are some big punchers and wrestlers at that weight. I want to see him against a quality wrestler that has okay striking.

A close loss to Philippou and a loss to Weidman ( Both top 10) isn't something to be scoffed at. The guy is extremely high level.

He definitely should not have been a TUF'er. But let's see him against some experienced fighters with good ground game.

Chael said Uriah is a title contender after he KO'd Bubba. I took it to mean a world title.

We all saw Bubba's unimpressive fights and Hall's huge KO of Cella. Except for Kevin Casey I'd have to say Uriah probably got two of the weakest guys in the house in his fights.

His only fights against top competition were losses a couple of years ago to Wiedman and a close decision loss to Philippou . He looked like he got tooled in the Weidman fight.

Anyone else think he's a title contender based on big KO's of Cella and McDanial? Seems like an awful lot of pressure to be putting on the guy at this stage of his career. I'd sure like to see him in fights against guys who can take him down before proclaiming him a title contender.

He's certainly got the potential to be. If the UFC builds him up similar to how they built up past TUF'ers he'll have his chance. If he wins TUF finale, I imagine they start him off with either some low ranked guys or gatekeepers and go from there. His first fight to get into the house was his most impressive for me, as far as seeing his complete game. I also have tons of respect for the guy he beat out to get in, that dude was tough.

A close loss to Philippou and a loss to Weidman ( Both top 10) isn't something to be scoffed at. The guy is extremely high level.

Philippou is a standup fighter though who strikes me as being pretty similar to Hall. There is no doubt in my mind Hall has excellent standup already. He did get tooled by Weidman though in one round.

I'd just like to see him fight some guys who will take him down before proclaiming him the next big thing. Maybe he will be. I'm just saying we know nothing of the guys ground game at all.

nope. He's beaten up some very low level guys impressively. Let's keep things in perspective.

Talk about premature. Let him fight some quality UFC fighters first, and we'll see.

That being said, it's too bad Hector Lombard is dropping down to WW because Uriah vs Lombard would be insane.

His first fight to get into the house was his most impressive for me, as far as seeing his complete game. I also have tons of respect for the guy he beat out to get in, that dude was tough.

I honestly don't remember it now. That's what I was wondering about. Did we get to see his ground game in that fight? Jones team seemed to think that was Bubba's chance to win was to beat him on the ground. Personally, after watching Bubba's other fights I think they were just blowing smoke up his ass anyway. I doubt they thought he had a chance in hell.

If he wins the tuf, ufc should just give him 2 top fighters and catapult him to fight andy. But i doubt hell beat 2 top 10 fighters

There's something I need to tell you, TS...

Chael doesn't mean most anything that he says.

nope. He's beaten up some very low level guys impressively. Let's keep things in perspective.

We can agree on that, Costa and Weidman already beat him and to get to contender he may have to face them again.

He is definitely a big prospect right now. Nothing more nothing less. Remember Chael says a lot to entertain.

If he wins the tuf, ufc should just give him 2 top fighters and catapult him to fight andy. But i doubt hell beat 2 top 10 fighters

That's unreasonable... They wouldn't do that to a prospect, he'll need to climb the ladder like everyone else. I could see them giving him a fight like Tim Boetsch at best. Think Timmeh is around 12 or so?

he technically matches up well with the current champ and was in a decent fight with the guy who is challenging the champ. i watched that Hall/Weidman fight and it was not the lospsided beat down people try to make it out the be. you could see that both fighters were green and you can see Weidman took advantage of opportunities that to be fair he created. But Hall should by no means be embarrassed by that particular fight imo. he to me is as much of a contender as Boetsch or Lombard were, but not as much as Weidman or Okami have become/became.

after watching rousey out grapple him, he should spend 3 years training jiu jitsu then he could be a contender.

Its still to soon but very possible. Its crazy that everybody hes fought on TUF has been sent to the hospital afterwards.

Back