Anyone training in Taekwondo?

leave the troll alone.

Besides everyone knows belts mean nothing in competition or skill.
I have fought yellow belts who were much much better than green belts,
And i have seen black belts lose horribly to red belts.
Its all about the person,the Dedication,the amount of training,the expi and the skill of the school.

Well BJJ does make a difference since it takes so much time to promote from one belt to another. I think TKD is too acrobatic and Muay Thai is more effeciency oriented. I mean conditioning in Muay Thai makes a lot of it while technique in TKD makes almost all of it. I personally consider Muay Thai better but still that's just my opinion.

leave the troll alone.

Besides everyone knows belts mean nothing in competition or skill.
I have fought yellow belts who were much much better than green belts,
And i have seen black belts lose horribly to red belts.
Its all about the person,the Dedication,the amount of training,the expi and the skill of the school.

In all the years I took TKD, I refused to be tested for any belt rank. I stayed a white belt. Ranking means nothing. Thats one of the reasons I liked my MT gym. NO belt systems. We were tested on how we could handle ourselves.

Want to know what belt I have?

It's in the ring.

Like i said:
Its all about the person,the Dedication,the amount of training,the exp and the skill of the school.

In my opinion it's also impossible to compare different ma with each other for simple reason:
they aren't the same ma,person's are not the same and the person's skill aren't the same.

For example Taekwondo vs MT,There are so many factors u can't say which is better
*Under what rules do they fight
*What skill level do they have
*How much do train,and how much talent do they have

Wouldn't u rather have techniques of both to make u a better fighter than claim one or the other is better?
And so mma is born.

Well BJJ does make a difference since it takes so much time to promote from one belt to another. I think TKD is too acrobatic and Muay Thai is more effeciency oriented. I mean conditioning in Muay Thai makes a lot of it while technique in TKD makes almost all of it. I personally consider Muay Thai better but still that's just my opinion.
TKD acrobatics are for shows,i don't think much people would risk using that in competition.
I don't know what you mean with conditioning,is it to gain stamina?
If so it depends on the school,at least where i train the conditioning is very hard

it took me 8 years to get a bb

Of course i switched styles though , 4 years in kung fu, 4 in tkd... take your time. No rush. Especially when you are doing full contact. I am glad i waited personally. Judokas at my school take 5-8 years for shodan, but its a very competition oriented judo program

Taekwondo is a double edged sword as far as effectiveness. The "sparring" fustrated me to no end because you can only target certain points on the body. (you can't kick legs, and you have to contantly switch stances to find an open target). Thus the top "fighters" at my school were guys who knew how to hit those targets effectively. Could they really fight? No way in hell.
You also have to discard alot of taekwondo's worthless moves (inside crescent kick, axe kick, outside crescent kick). In short, take away from it what is usefull, and discard the rest.

yeah man that axe kick is real worthless:

That was awesome. I've never seen anyone do that but still you can admit that a straight thai kick to the head has a lot more power. I mean the guy took like 10 kicks to the chin and didn't go down. Still awesome video. Pretty hard to apply when it comes to MMA though. Leaves you wide open for a takedown.

Damn that was one-sided.
A record of 9-1 going up against someone making their debut usually is though.

His opponent is worthless. That idiot deserves to be axe kicked if he doesn't evade. Hell, I could crescent kick the hell out of him if he stands planted like that.

That was awesome. I've never seen anyone do that but still you can admit that a straight thai kick to the head has a lot more power. I mean the guy took like 10 kicks to the chin and didn't go down. Still awesome video. Pretty hard to apply when it comes to MMA though. Leaves you wide open for a takedown.

True, and I'm not saying that you should ONLY use an axe kick. Just cause that kid ate 10 of them doesnt mean the rest of us would. But they can also set up some good hands. Here is the same fighter (Jason Bourelly) using his axe kick again:

All I'm saying is that while the axe kick may not be my first choice in a match, it clearly works for others.

Taekwondo is a double edged sword as far as effectiveness. The "sparring" fustrated me to no end because you can only target certain points on the body. (you can't kick legs, and you have to contantly switch stances to find an open target). Thus the top "fighters" at my school were guys who knew how to hit those targets effectively. Could they really fight? No way in hell.
You also have to discard alot of taekwondo's worthless moves (inside crescent kick, axe kick, outside crescent kick). In short, take away from it what is usefull, and discard the rest.

I have a friend who fights MMA with a big TKD background and he does what this guy sais^^ and Ive seen him do some impressive stuff, ( he cross traines in Boxing now and BJJ now) but I also seen him (in the middle of a fight) switch up and start fighting TKD compotition stile,,, hands low hoping around thowing a tone of fast kick comboes, This confused the hell out of the guy he was matched up with, He switched back to a high hands more modern fighting style and the kid was sudenly timid as could be, I'll never bash TKD. It wouldnt be my first choice for a devistating striking art but its not a bad thing to know, and its just plain cool to watch good TKD people spar.

Andy HUG is a Seidokaikan Karate an offshoot of Kyokushin. He is not a TKD practitioner

Andy HUG is a Seidokaikan Karate an offshoot of Kyokushin. He is not a TKD practitioner

Andy Hug did train in tae kwon do and incorporated it into his fighting style.

"Andy recognized the value of these training methods(tae kwon do) and acquired significant aspects from them. The improvement of his legwork was very important to him from early on, which is why he always tried to extend his diversity of moves."

Taekwondo - Andy Hug - Official Website

Back