AP - Teens kept at Virginia center say they were cuffed, beaten - Media Bias Exposed

LOL @ the jackasses in this thread. Nothing in the article supports the theory proposed in the original post. You would know that if you read the article.

He posted a link to the actual lawsuit which says the abuses only happened from 2015-2016

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4529878-Shenandoah-Complaint.html

hi Striker Fox,

i'm heading out, but i've read the complaint.

the plaintiff was moved to the Shenandoah facility in April 2016, and makes no mention of him having been moved to another facility. the complaint itself was made in October of 2017.

Mr. Trump became POTUS on November 8th, 2016.

so is the contention that the alleged abuse ended when Mr. Trump became POTUS?

- IGIT

Classic whataboutery thread. Try and get the public to ignore your sides misgivings and moral failings by exposing hypocrisy. Its classic and its dumb.

Yes he did. Did you read the actual Lawsuit or just the biased article?

hi Striker,

last bit; i read the complaint rather quickly - so i may have missed it - but can you point out where its stated that the abuse ended in May 2016, after Mr. Trump became POTUS?

- IGIT

Last edited:
If you just read this article, you would think "Fuck Trump"! That rotten bastard, put kids in this position?

https://apnews.com/afc80e51b562462c89907b49ae624e79

Trump is mentioned four times in the article. The AP article also notes:

"In court filings, lawyers for the detention facility have denied all the allegations of physical abuse detailed in the lawsuit, which span from 2015 to 2018."

Wellllll... when you look at the actual lawsuit... link here: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4529878-Shenandoah-Complaint.html

You will find the actual abuses only happened from 2015-2016.

That's your Left Wing / Establishment media pushing the anti-Trump narrative yet again. But, they are not bias right?

Actually CNN explained and clarified in-depth that none of this happened recently and most reports these incidents happened while Obama was in office but continue your outrage. What you’ll see is these media outlet making clarifications, something Trump has never done.

Dude.. you are so biased it's ridiculous...

Where do you read at all in this article that it's Trump's fault??? It isn't Trump's fault at all.

This sentence alone exonerates Trump from blame...

They were not the children who have been separated from their families under the Trump administration’s recent policy and are now in the government’s care.

Somebody (meaning you dumbass) is reading but interpreting this differently from what the article is saying...
Damn...liberals BTFO

@bushman505 @thefirstemporer

I don't think you know what hypocrisy means

i don't think you read any of the articles that was posted by the OP hence you can't even point to any example of hypocrisy in them.

But yeah just blame the media when nothing coulda been further from the truth.. LOL

Seemed like a pretty fair article to me. It reports on what is alleged in the lawsuit. TS is the only one making stuff up here. What an embarrassing attempt at a thread.

i don't think you read any of the articles that was posted by the OP hence you can't even point to any example of hypocrisy in them.

But yeah just blame the media when nothing coulda been further from the truth.. LOL

My original statements was regarding the responses to the Twitter of the AP writer.

The hypocrisy is of the media who except the fringe outlets (far left and far right) were not focused or cared about children in "cages".

For example the picture of kids sleeping on floor was representated as happening during Trump's time but in reality it happened during Obama's time.. the media is hypocritical because even though they had that SAME picture then, it went under reported. And I would suggest the reason is because of who the president was. That's hypocritical imo.

If You're being honest with yourself, i dont think you can argue with the above.

...And the point is the hypocrisy of the media. Can you at least acknowledge that?

Yes. Since he became President, there is a new category of news, "Anything Connected with Trump". It might get as many clicks on news sites as all the regular political stories combined. It was born out of the extraordinary level of attention Trump and his people have caused to be focused on them. Something Trump does wrong is bound to get more attention than Obama got for doing the same thing. It's a bias in that more attention is paid to what Trump does overall. It's not that the media is lying, just that they feed the public's hunger for Trump screw-ups.

One example: If Trump didn't lie so often about so many things, then he wouldn't get the scrutiny his lies get compared to Obama, who lied much less often. It goes with the territory of being the kind of person he is, complaining about it is pointless, although I do agree the media pays too much attention to the small stuff Trump does. They're trying to sell what is popular.

Last edited:
Actually CNN explained and clarified in-depth that none of this happened recently and most reports these incidents happened while Obama was in office but continue your outrage. What you’ll see is these media outlet making clarifications, something Trump has never done.

hiya Ophydian, well met!

as per the AP article cited by the TS, the Obama administration was not aware that in a country with over 300 million inhabitants, that some redneck yokels were (allegedly) giving one illegal immigrant a hard time in a non-Federal facility. i have some problems with President Obama's tenure as the skipper, but this isn't one of them.

don't you think its a bit silly to lay this at the feet of our former POTUS?

- IGIT

Last edited:
hiya Ophydian, well met!

as per the AP article cited by the TS, the Obama administration was not aware that in a country with over 300 million inhabitants, that some redneck yokels were (allegedly) giving one illegal immigrant a hard time in a non-Federal facility. i have some problems with President Obama's tenure as the skipper, but this isn't one of them.

don't you think its a bit silly to lay this at the feet of our former POTUS?

- IGIT

Well met IGIT

I was not laying blame on Obama at all as I think its close to impossible for the President to be aware of everything that is going on with every detention center. I was trying to convey to our Trumpian friends that this article occurred during the Obama Presidency and that "Liberal Media" was doing it best to make it known before talking about the story.

Back