Apart from co and main-event, UFC 234 is a pretty WEAK card

Fair call mate. Hoping it's one of those cards that under promises and over delivers. The Co-main and main should be great regardless. As for the Cain Francis card I'm not convinced Cain's fighting again until I see him making the walk to the cage, I mean what's it been 2.5 years since he last fought?

Yeah the main and co-main are definitely good and there’s a few other fighters/fights that are decent. Most of the times the cards that suck on paper end up being the best so I’ll be optimistic, I’m not gonna skip it regardless so it doesn’t matter, but as far as a “ppv” its sort of weak.

PPVs really should be 5 fights that all have fighters in the top 15 or potential breakout stars.

I dont know if I can get passed this. You really hurt my feelings. I thought we had a connection when you made this thread. If it werent for my double yellows it would have been the thread I would have made. You have to make it up to me some how, how good are you with your mouth?
Wow. This is awkward, but I'm not the TS. I'm just a smartass that jumped in the conversation when no one asked me

Dang, I was all prepared to disagree with you - as the first comments always do - but I have to say I'm pretty clueless about a lot of these fighters. Hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised and learn a few names. But yeah, hard to break out the money for Smiling Sam Alvey. Sheesh, how did he end up on the main card? No one asked for that
hahahah you nailed it. Kinda felt the same exact way comin in here

That's the most sherdoggiest post I've ever read. Of course the guy literally no one has heard of is actually really good but is criminally underrated, right? Figures
He's not criminally underrated, but he's not a can.

Martinez on the other hand got utterly dominated rd1 against soukamthath, and then came back in the fight because soukamthath has a fight IQ of about 75.

sometimes these types of cards end up being the most entertaining....but yea, i don't feel much hype or anticipation for any of the fights.

He's not criminally underrated, but he's not a can.

Martinez on the other hand got utterly dominated rd1 against soukamthath, and then came back in the fight because soukamthath has a fight IQ of about 75.
I remember that fight now with Martinez and Soukamthath. I was screaming at my monitor

Seems like the cost of having Anderson on a card they often put lower paid fighters on a card with him.

I don't understand why the UFC do this to themselves. This event relies SO MUCH on the 2 top fights. If one of those fights falls out, the event is a total dud.

They always short change foreign PPVs, and they always sell out regardless, because the main event is usually a local champion. Cheap ploy that has proven successful.

Besides the main and co-main, none of these fights feel relevant to their divisions in the slightest. It's been stacked with what should be fun fights, and that's cool, but what a win really mean for most of the winners on this card? How far up the ladder would they climb?

Pretty weak? That card is poo-poo caca compared to the last ESPN + card

They always short change foreign PPVs, and they always sell out regardless, because the main event is usually a local champion. Cheap ploy that has proven successful.
This is true, but talk about putting all of your eggs in one basket.

Imagine if Whittaker trips over a freaking wire? Event cancelled.

Yeah, not PPV worthy.

This is true, but talk about putting all of your eggs in one basket.

Imagine if Whittaker trips over a freaking wire? Event cancelled.

It's happened before - on an Australian card, at that - though I cant remember which one(s)....

Reminds me of one of those crappy UK PPV cards that used to have in the UFC 80-110 range.

Back