Apparently I earned etherium

TSO

Pink Belt
Pink
Reaction score
I did a job some time ago and the client didn't have the funds to pay, so we've been negotiating how to resolve the issue and today we settled on payment in Etherium. How the hell do I offload 56k of these things into real goods or cash?

Don’t. Sit on it. In five years it will either be worth nothing or you’ll have won a small lottery.

56k eth? that's like 35 million dollars. if you actually got paid that much, i'm genuinely curious what service you provided.

cash out before all those bullshit crypto currencies go down the toilet, the world currency is the US dollar, and it will stay that way until good ole' uncle sam gets his ass beaten', and thats not happening on this century at least

56k shares or total dollars? That’s quite a bit of money, kinda weird that the guy didn’t have the money to pay in cash but that much ethereum

56k eth? that's like 35 million dollars. if you actually got paid that much, i'm genuinely curious what service you provided.
Lol, I wish. It was 56k in evaluation.

cash out before all those bullshit crypto currencies go down the toilet, the world currency is the US dollar, and it will stay that way until good ole' uncle sam gets his ass beaten', and thats not happening on this century at least
Jordan-Belfort-Fake-Laugh-The-Wolf-of-Wall-Street.gif

giphy.gif

I did a job some time ago and the client didn't have the funds to pay, so we've been negotiating how to resolve the issue and today we settled on payment in Etherium. How the hell do I offload 56k of these things into real goods or cash?
Sell them now for 56k on an exchange like gdax, gemini, etc and want to kill yourself when they're worth thousands each, or hold them and get rich.

Lol, I wish. It was 56k in evaluation.

You performed 50k worth of services for a client without establishing and ensuring that they had means to and would pay you with real moneys?

762.gif

I'd blow anyone for that kind of cash. Don't pretend you wouldn't.

Shit, at this moment I probably would. The I could make all the modifications to my house that I want, sell it, and get out of my neighborhood.

Don’t. Sit on it. In five years it will either be worth nothing or you’ll have won a small lottery.
^this is the right answer.

If you can afford to simply gamble with them then sit on them and go for the ride knowing they may go to zero but they could also end up being your biggest financial win.

Man buys $27 of bitcoin (2009), forgets about them, finds they're now worth $886k (2013).

It is likely you had written off the chances of getting paid by this guy anyway if you had to chase him so this is like found money.

That said if you really need the money then cash it, pay for what you need and move on and never look back and regret even if it skyrockets after.

On second thought. I would just hold it for a few years. Ethereum will probably be worth like $5k in 3-5 years.

Back