Apperently American Fast Is Popular In France

I'm thinking less so chain stuff and more just loads of local cafes which sell takeaway food, the kind of place that do massive pizza's and then chop them up into smaller squares to sell. France has never seemed to have nearly as much of that kind of culture to me.
Yeah traveled lot around in France and i noticed it
LOVED the waffle ones though

I was surprised also to see much less truck food because in theory should be much easier than in Italy

There are McDonald’s like every 20 feet in the Philippines.

I will say the McDonald’s here have the best fried chicken I have ever had.

My friend said that the McDonald's in Spain the beer was free
r8N5J6.gif

I'd guess a big issue is there was not really as much domestic fast food in France previously which made it easier for the US brands to corner most of the market. Somewhere like Italy on the other hand you already had a lot of local bakery/cafe places selling fast food so the US takeover wasnt as complete.
Amwrcan fast gets defieted wverywhere where locals have established ready foot places in bosnia they closed their last place who would go to.mcdonalds when you.have burek and other things

Wonder if its pre internet 80s 90s over there and they dont know how unhealthy it is.

Wonder if its pre internet 80s 90s over there and they dont know how unhealthy it is.
True USA Mcdonalds would be illegal in most countries that have proper food regulations. That's why it tastes so different.

Uhhhh don't let this thread fool you. You can walk in big French cities for hours and not see one murrkan fast food place. In North America they are literally on every corner, sometimes more than one on every corner.

True USA Mcdonalds would be illegal in most countries that have proper food regulations. That's why it tastes so different.
I Used to love McDo in North America. In Germany I always found it meh. Then I learned that the same item, say a BigMac, used different ingredients, because some additives used in North America are not allowed in the EU.

It's not popular the way Americans envision. You could drive for a long time and never see a single fast food anywhere. Very different from North America's "junk at every corner." Even in large cities you'll struggle to find them. The local food is such high quality that places like McDonalds are snubbed. Ironically the fast foods in Europe make more of an effort than they ever did in the States because the local competition is stiff. Kind of insulting tbh. Happy to serve their fellow Americans crap, but kicking it up a notch in France and Italy.

Is McDonald's served with wine over there?

I don't remember wine, but you can get a beer in the drive thru. Or at least you could 15 years ago. Also most of the burgers were a little different than here. They were also real big on mustard instead of ketchup.

Hopefully the their hamburgers taste better.

They didn't taste any better to me, but the American McDonalds makes me nausious, and French McDonalds didn't bother me at all. Eating in France was very eye opening in terms portions, food quality, and salt/sugar levels.

And before anyone asks why I'd get McDonalds in France, it was the only place to eat after 9pm in the area I was staying.

We export a lot of our shitty restaurants. My homie was telling me Pizza Hut is big in his country. It's almost non existent where I am located. On a side note I enjoyed the fuck out of Sizzler's buffet when I visited Thailand. I don't think we have Sizzler's anymore in America.

I don't remember wine, but you can get a beer in the drive thru. Or at least you could 15 years ago. Also most of the burgers were a little different than here. They were also real big on mustard instead of ketchup.

They didn't taste any better to me, but the American McDonalds makes me nausious, and French McDonalds didn't bother me at all. Eating in France was very eye opening in terms portions, food quality, and salt/sugar levels.

And before anyone asks why I'd get McDonalds in France, it was the only place to eat after 9pm in the area I was staying.

I thought the quality was slightly better but that was more than 10 years ago.

I do know the McDonalds in Arlanda airport (Sweden) is damn good (fly there often). Quality is always top notch and has more options than the typical McDs iin the US.

Back