(April 19) K-1 55kg Tournament + Kaew vs Noiri Confirmed!

As a sidenote. The site now also shows 2 new dates for September 22 and November 21.

So next show is July 4th - K-1 World GP 2015 -70kg Championship Tournament.
No titles for those 2 later events yet.

Sure about Kubo? K-1 JPN site says Soda won by dec. Could be a mistake I guess.
Can't wait to see these fights.

No, Kubo lost. Soda tweeted about it 20 minutes ago.

Also, Koya is by far the best 60kg'er in the world right now and it isn't even close. I'd love to see a Masaaki Nori rematch at 62/63, because I think Urabe would take it. Masaaki and Kubo both haven't been doing very well. Two losses to guys they probably should have beat.

Last edited:
No, Kubo lost. Soda tweeted about it 20 minutes ago.

Also, Koya is by far the best 60kg'er in the world right now and it isn't even close. I'd love to see a Masaaki Nori rematch at 62/63, because I think Urabe would take it. Masaaki and Kubo both haven't been doing very well. Two losses to guys they probably should have beat.

Hernandez deserves a lot of credit for hanging in there, but Urabe completely dominated him. Totally unexpected. Not sure who in K-1 60kg division can challenge Urabe at this point.

That said, I'll still bet on Noiri to take a rematch. He got caught against Glunder, but I don't think he's lost a step. Just bad luck. They're probably on par in terms of speed and technique, but Noiri has power on Urabe.

Hernandez deserves a lot of credit for hanging in there, but Urabe completely dominated him. Totally unexpected. Not sure who in K-1 60kg division can challenge Urabe at this point.

That said, I'll still bet on Noiri to take a rematch. He got caught against Glunder, but I don't think he's lost a step. Just bad luck. They're probably on par in terms of speed and technique, but Noiri has power on Urabe.

I don't know about unexpected. Urabe finished Masahiro Yamamoto in the first round of the 60kg tournament, and his brother routed Hernandez and beat Karim Bennoui, and Koya dominated him too. The only guy he's lost to recently has been Karim, and that was very controversial, in France. He destroyed Houcine.

After he rematches Karim he'll have cleaned out the entire division.

Found a few vids

[YT]yvDa6rsvCmk[/YT]

Finals
[YT]0EPds8I-9LY[/YT]

Man, K-1 is still the only promotion that gets me on the edge of the sit. This atmosphere with the girls screaming on the audience, the fact i dont get a shit about what the commentators are saying and these fighters who seem to never gass out..wicked

I wish some day they become again what they were at some point.

Thx for the vids!

Man, K-1 is still the only promotion that gets me on the edge of the sit. This atmosphere with the girls screaming on the audience, the fact i dont get a shit about what the commentators are saying and these fighters who seem to never gass out..wicked

I wish some day they become again what they were at some point.

Thx for the vids!

It reminds me of the old max days where the fights were wars and a great atmosphere in the arena. They are doing a 70kg tournament some time soon so hopefully they get top fighters there

Glunder looks and moves like andy ristie. interesting.

that cut on masaaki was nasty, every time he blinked it was talking

K1 posting the fights of this show on youtube

They're apparently posting all the videos over the next four days. The last emperor approves.
CC8o6ScUsAApAxc.jpg:large

Incidentally, that's exactly what Masato was saying in the commentary. Seems like Glunder challenged Kimura to fight him next. Seems like whoever wins that (or beats Soda) should be challenging for Kaew's belt.

Noiri has a better textbook technique, but that Glunder guy seems awkward as hell to fight. Punches from the weirdest angles ever and knees out of nowhere.

Last edited:

that cut on masaaki was nasty, every time he blinked it was talking

He even talks like him in interviews. Could be brothers.

Already watched Noiri vs Massaro Glunder.

I have to say i never heard about Massaro,but damn,he is a beast,fast and hard punches with his teeps and high knees was crazy

I hope he kick Minoru Ass and Challenge Kaew next,should be a very interesting fight.

Can't believe they let the fight go on as long as they did with that big cut right above his eye. Sweet flying knee.

This fight was fun:

I really wish they would get rid of that MASSIVE graphic in the bottom left corner.

Can't believe they let the fight go on as long as they did with that big cut right above his eye. Sweet flying knee.

The tried their hardest to let Noiri continue the fight.

I think Williams got robbed in his fight.

Back