AR15 and Glock 21 - the most legal fun you can have

Matt Thornton

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
So my buddy who's an Army Ranger stationed out in Washington came home for leave this past week, and I've been begging him to take me shooting. I hadn't shot anything besides bolt action 22's, but have always researched firearms since I was about 8 years old and had a strong interest in them.

We go to the shooting school down the street, and rent out a civilian M4 clone. Basically an AR-15 with a collapsible stock, shorter barrel, semiauto 5 round mag. I've long been familiar with the way the sighting works, how to load/unload M16/M4 type weapons, the S.P.O.R.T.S. method, etc., but just in case, I did have an Army Ranger with me to make sure I was all set. I load up the magazine, set the target range at 10.0, load the mag, release the bolt, disengage the safety, sight the weapon, squeeze the trigger....

Holy. Fucking. Shit. If you've never shot an assault rifle, go do it right now. Easily the most empowering feeling I've ever had in my life. The kid who was shooting a Glock next to us had brought his girlfriend; our AR15 was so loud that she had to leave a couple of times because of how upset it was making her :icon_lol: She looked like she was going to cry.

If that wasn't fun enough, the guy next to us had rented out a Glock 21, which is just a full-sized Glock .45 cal. I'd never shot a handgun in my life, but he offered to let me try it, and like the AR15, I'm totally familiar with the way Glocks work. Such a powerful feeling. Firing a .45 just gives me a new respect for pistols; you see them so much in TV and movies and until you shoot one, you just can't comprehend how dangerous and powerful these things are.

All in all, I'm sure I sound like a total noob to most of you in here, but it's safe to say I'm now addicted to shooting.

HAHAHA. Welcome to my world. I loved the M4 so much I bought one!! I got a Bushmaster M4 A3. It is by far my favorite weapon!

Get ready to spend alot of money!!

ARs are fun but I have to say shooting the AK is even funner. My G19 9mm is kinda boring I think I need something that makes a bigger bang. I like the 45s but the 40 has been the funnest Ive shot yet in that dept (outside the magnums). Im not sure if Ill get a .44 magnum before I buy a G23 but id like to have both on top of my G19.

If Obama or the liberals ever get serious about drawing up legislation about gun bans I will buy a Stag lower and mags just to make sure im in before the ban on that one. Id like to go balls out and buy the entire Stag model 1 but that will have to wait.

Keltecs little P3AT 380 is on the list too but im not sure how "fun" that would be to shot. Im also tempted to try out a Bersa of some sort cause those are the best deals in pistols available in south america where i live/visit regularly.

I bought a SR15 today. Its made by Knights Armament, and was expensive as hell. 2500 just for the gun. But it comes with all kinds of goodies on it. Ambidextrous everything, full rails, flip up sights, front and rear. If you never heard of them, you should check this out.
SR-15 Rifle, SR-15 Carbine, SR-16 Carbine, SR-16 CQB

Ill throw some pics up. I also put on a Streamlight m-6x, laser/flashlight. Next week Ill be spending 5 days in a tactical rifle school shooting up tons of ammo at the departments cost.
:icon_chee

Back