Are “TUF noobs” now considered seasoned MMA fans?

You have to respect anybody who creates an account to get in on the action, regardless of the year.
Sherdog was always the Bush league forum to me. I was on a UK based forum 15+ years ago which died a death a few years ago but everybody who fought from UK and some of Europe was pretty much on there. When I came to Sherdog the first few visits, I was pretty judgemental. TBF, there are a few decent posters but it is still heavily outweighed by what I might consider "special" Murican's.

I'm sorry. What was the question again?

Yeah I havent heard TUF noob since my 1st account here. These days it doesnt make much sense to call someone a TUF noob

That makes you a mythical figure, capable of communicating only in obscure 90's early internet MMA references.
So does that mean if you're in the group, that used Cable boxes to watch PPV events like the Ultimate Ultimate, and the debuts of Frye, Tank, Couture, Belfort, etc; does that make you a Traditionalist or a GI?
Frye versus Hall was a work

"TUF noobs" will always be "TUF noobs", although they are no longer noobs

300px-You_Are_Bad_Guy.jpg

noob is a state of mind. It is ridiculous how some sherdoggers are so desperate to av sth at all to show for them being, in any stupid way, 'better' or 'have rank/seniority'. You losers are snitching on your own self that way - for having nottin going on AND being nerds
it is downright pathetic in my humble opinion
To rephrase it - fuck your thread!<Bottle.gif>
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I am 37, started watching MMA in 2004 at 21.

And i am not counting VHS of first UFCs my father brought home - i was a kid,
but allready doing some MA - boxing at home, with my paps and karate/kickboxing in dojo.

OG,

We were doing station workouts working out with wrestlers, boxers, Judo BBs, mixing in Kenpo, catch wrestling, my uncles' (by marriage) weird Filipino shit, like literally trying anything that might work.
We'd spar at other schools and have success against more advanced sometimes just because we were doing stuff (correctly) that they'd never seen before. One dude that learned Capoeira would teach us some stuff, then you'd be head faking a double into one of those put your hand on the floor round house kicks, etc... mixing in other stuff later.

Sucks that the Detroit MMA scene was non-existent in the late 90s early 2000s.

{JustBleed}I'm a GenX - UFC 1 and not 50 yrs old (43) Me and my dad saw the commercial for UFC 1 a couple weeks before while watching boxing and ordered it right away.

Yup - similar...tho over 50 - we saw the comm fer UFC 1 - begged and begged to get it. My uncle who was in cable & arcades got us "access" and we stared and drooled at the spectacle! Been addicted ever since.

Yup - similar...tho over 50 - we saw the comm fer UFC 1 - begged and begged to get it. My uncle who was in cable & arcades got us "access" and we stared and drooled at the spectacle! Been addicted ever since.

We used to pop in the Bloodsport VHS on nights when there was nothing on TV, that and Enter the Dragon. We used to fantasize about mixed tournaments with all forms of martial arts. We were hooked on boxing and those old toughman competitions before the UFC. My dad always used to frown when i would watch WWF as a kid because he always said real fighting should always feature blood.

The UFC showed up that night and we were absolutely hooked. We watched every event together until sometime in 1998 when I started working and school full time and just didnt have the time to get together. Over the years we still watch on our own and drive everyone nuts at family functions talking about the fights

We used to pop in the Bloodsport VHS on nights when there was nothing on TV, that and Enter the Dragon. We used to fantasize about mixed tournaments with all forms of martial arts. We were hooked on boxing and those old toughman competitions before the UFC. My dad always used to frown when i would watch WWF as a kid because he always said real fighting should always feature blood.

The UFC showed up that night and we were absolutely hooked. We watched every event together until sometime in 1998 when I started working and school full time and just didnt have the time to get together. Over the years we still watch on our own and drive everyone nuts at family functions talking about the fights

Without a doubt, those fliks were our bread and butter. Kung-Fu Theater, all the Ninja movies, etc. I was a Wrasslin fan as well...from the PoV of a mixed Comic/Soap-Opera. Being a comic-geek as well as avid reader and fan of good, bad and ugly movies, it just kinda fell in to place.

I know I have missed a bit of UFC along life's path but have seen most live on TV and those I missed pretty sure I caught on some form of replay. Hard to remember honestly. Also been to quite a few live shows and hope to attend more at some point in the future.

I'm a UFC 40 noob.

"DUDE, KEN SHAMROCK IS FIGHTING THAT GUY, TITO ORTIZ!!! IT TAKES A FAKE WWE WRESTLER TO GET ME TO WATCH MMA BECAUSE I'M A STUPID NOOB!"

If you call yourself a hard core Seahawks fan but don't know who Steve Largent or Jim Zorn was, you're the American Football equivalent of a TUF Noob. It makes no difference how long you've been watching (though my guess is that person only started watching the Hawks around 2014....)

This is why all sport fans are gigantic cunts. Especially on the Internet.

Back