Are beards really makeup for men?

It can definitely be. I've seen the situation in the OP many times. Guy looks OK-ish with a beard on, shaves it and then you realize that the only reason he had a beard in the first place was to hide a poor jaw.

They can be. It's a matter of intent. Generally just preferring to keep a beard doesn't be constitute "make-up", IMO. Keeping a beard to specifically to masque a perceived flaw, probably does, IMHO.

He looks a lot less savage and a lot more punch able without the beard
images

Dune was clean shaven in parts, still looked fierce enough.

8adcb0a0464738b39507fbf22f17f98f8233faaa.gif

Kind of, in the sense that it's much better to be a naturally pretty girl who doesn't need a bunch of makeup to cover up a busted face, guys are usually better off if they don't need a beard to cover up acne or a weak jawline.

The biggest difference is a beard isn't a product you have to go buy from the store.

Only if you are skinny. If you are fat it is seen as you hiding your double chinny chin.

I’m skinny with a ridiculous jaw line to the point it looks fake and people point it out. I’d look like a dirty heroin addict if I grew a beard (I can’t anyways.)

I don’t get the full beard appeal. It looks itchy, youd get food caught in it, you’d have to take care of it. I’d also probably fuss with it when I’m having writers block.

Yes, beards are like make-up. Every man looks better with some kind of facial hair. I don't need it but even I rock a goatee.

If it's not for some religious reasons, men with beards are usually hiding something, lack of chin and or poor facial structure. In that respect it certainly is a lot like make-up, just ask them for a picture before the beard......... It usually proves my point, It's a lot like people that can't shave their head because they've got a weird shape head........now if you're sporting both a big hair do and a giant beard you've probably lucked out.....

Its an open secret that Le Bron now always has a beard as his face changed a lot with HGH abuse over the years.

Without a doubt, and I say that as someone with a beard. Well kept and trimmed, but still. I look like an old baby clean shaven, can't stand it. A good haircut and a nice beard goes a long way.

Yes, beards are like make-up. Every man looks better with some kind of facial hair. I don't need it but even I rock a goatee.
depends on how much you rock the boyish look

try dependent on the beard itself. If you can grow a solid one you’re usually good. Very few can pull off the patchy version and still look good. Keanu is one of try few I can think of off the top of my head.

Back