Are endurance sports a valid “base” for MMA?

Only boxercise and Tae Bo imo.

Granted Diaz's Ironman comps must've helped his cardio.
LOL boxercise, those people are there and not at a real boxing gym for good reason.

I don't know about that considering it's mostly chicks and dorks.
This place is mostly twinks and dorks, minus the exercise and practice punching air (and minus the chicks :().

This could be a decent PPV or TV show idea, actually - "Are you tougher than a Sherdogger?"

This place is mostly twinks and dorks, minus the exercise and practice punching air (and minus the chicks :().

This could be a decent PPV or TV show idea, actually - "Are you tougher than a Sherdogger?"
Well I have noticed since the 3 piece and a soda there's a lot of g's from the block here.

If you're talking non-combat sports as a base I would say some sort of dancing would be the best, anything that requires flexibility and precision really. Being able to roll over your hips and maintain balance helps.

I wouldn't say it is a "base," but I would say it is a good "pool" of talent. Fighting is an endurance sport, so it is reasonable to hypothesize those athletes who play endurance sports like European football, Rugby and Basketball would make good fighters, if they had the psychology for it.

We have so many UFC fighters who can't keep up their performance at a high level for more than 2 rounds. I don't believe this is because "the sport is so touch and blah blah" nonsense that the Hardcore MMA Fans are constantly spewing.

I believe it is because most current UFC fighters don't have the talent to fight 3 or 5 rounds at a high level. If you read most these guys' stories, the vast majority of them were delinquent teenagers who failed at sports, and started fighting because "they loved fighting anyways."

Rugby is a good call, Anthony Mundine was a professional rugby player.

He transitioned to pro boxing and fought for a world title in one year which is insane, there is no other example close to him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Mundine#Mundine_vs._Sven_Ottke

? Show me a time ever where the Diaz brothers "run around" you are thinking of Carlos Condit. The only running the Diaz brothers do in the ring is when they are chasing guys that are scared of them.
Where did i say they do? I said it is a good base if that is your fighting style, which it is.

Gymnastics would be amazing I'm sure. The strength of gymnasts is crazy.

If you're talking non-combat sports as a base I would say some sort of dancing would be the best, anything that requires flexibility and precision really. Being able to roll over your hips and maintain balance helps.

Gymnastics

Simply endurance no, those guys barely have any muscle, but cardio (endurance?) Training is key for combat sports, but not even close to pure endurance athletes.

for sure, cyclists and other endurance athletes have the most experience doping and getting away with it, this is 90% of the game these days

OP is a moron, there are lots of fighters with amazing cardio who have not been very successful. Clay Guida being one of the most obvious

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back